FFX-2 compitability
See this thread. For the reason why people prefer one over the other, I'm not sure. But it seems NTSC is dominant. My country is under PAL region but you can hardly find a PAL game in the store here.

One additional infomation (from this article):
Quote:When progressive mode is enabled on PAL (576i) games, the resolution is 480p, not 576p. Note that not all games from PAL territories support progressive scan mode 480p even if their NTSC U/C counterparts do.

Personally, I do not see any difference between interlace and progressive scan mode on both PS2 and PCSX2. The only exception is PCSX2 reports the game resolution is 512x448 in interlace mode and it increases to 640x448 (around 6xx, I don't remember exactly) when switching to progressive scan mode.

Sponsored links

So, I've started to play it now and it DOES work, but occasionally i get strange bugs during the fights.
The screen suddenly turns purple, but i can still see the interface and thus i can continue fighting..... but i dont see how much damage is dealt, which status-effects are applied etc.
Sometimes the game even crashes soon after this bug turns up Glare

Any ideas?
have you tried native res
have you tried dx10/11 it has a better compatibilty
have you tried SW mode
Ah, I think i found out what caused this problem...... i changed the resolution to 4:3 and i haven't had a bluecscreen ever since..... I'm not 100% sure that it isnt just luck, but.... we'll see Smile
(07-12-2011, 06:34 PM)Nijatzu Wrote: Ah, I think i found out what caused this problem...... i changed the resolution to 4:3 and i haven't had a bluecscreen ever since..... I'm not 100% sure that it isnt just luck, but.... we'll see Smile

4:3 is not a resoultion its a size i dont think that what caused the problem
(07-12-2011, 06:40 PM)abdo123 Wrote: 4:3 is not a resoultion its a size i dont think that what caused the problem

well yes, i keep calling it "resolution" by mistake, but ok it's an "aspect ratio".
And well, up to now it seems like that really caused the problem, as i didnt have any more trouble with that bug.
(07-12-2011, 06:40 PM)abdo123 Wrote: 4:3 is not a resoultion its a size i dont think that what caused the problem

resolution = size
4:3 is neither, its an aspect ratio.