FFX-2 videos are messed up in 1.0.0
Just toggle to the software render, watch the video, toggle it back to HW. That's with the F9 key if I remember correctly.

This videos are dots, so with a higher internal resolution the dots just no longer sit next to each other.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]

Sponsored links

Here's how to fix.
1. Open PCSX2
2. Open CONFIG
3. Video (GS) > Pluggin Settings
4. Renderer: From Software to Hardware
5. Interlacing: Auto

You're welcome.
System:
Manufacturer: CyberPower Inc.
Rating: 5.9
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit OS
Your steps don't fix this at all

epic fail.
(08-20-2012, 02:04 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: Your steps don't fix this at all

epic fail.

Alright then, go to the same options and instead of viewing Plugin Settings, click on one of the other two for GS Window Settings or Core GS Settings

Click on Speedhacks at the top and if the speedhacks are off, then turn these ones on.

Enable INTC Spin Detection
Enable Wait Loop Detection
mVU Flag Hack

Make sure their boxes are checked, and click apply.

if that does not work, then repeat my first post with the GS Plugin Settings, and make sure the word "Native" is checked. Do NOT have Custom/x2/x3/x4/x5/x6 Native settings checked, cause if you do, then you get the weird pixilating problem that you've described that makes it all black and grainy.

If nothing I've told you helps, then you must be using SOMETHING or have some kind of setting turned on/off that needs to be either turned on/off.

If you tinker around with the settings then you will surely see results at some point and figure it out. I had the same problem that you described when I first started emulating, and now everything runs smoothely because I had to figure these things out by myself, and THAT, took me TWO WHOLE DAYS to fix by myself. Smile
System:
Also, if you are using the Gsdx cutie renderer that somebody posted on these forums some time ago, then that's probably what is causing your problem.
System:
please stop posting.

cutie is not an authorised or supported release on this forum and your steps do not fix the ops issue in any version of pcsx2 that is.
Squall Leonhart trolling.

1. My steps DID help and fix the OP's described issue that happened to me.
2. I found these having to do it myself.

Squall, I know you're just trolling, so I'll say this.
If somebody posts seeking help, and it's an issue I can relate to and if anything can help, then I will post what I know and/or learned. I don't want to be a *thing* or respond to anybody in a negative/violent way, but your enticing those situations to happen is just as low.

I will not play your game and respond negatively to you, seeing as how that is your goal.
System:
Setting hardware in native still leaves bugs like screen flashing and text not being cleared+ black line. Flashing can be blended with interlacing, but that's not a fix makes it dark and doesn't change other bugs, the only way is using software like stated many times above or watching them over youtube;p.
Well, there's that new GSdx change that has some magic in it. Better give it a try.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(08-20-2012, 05:04 AM)trueshothaze Wrote: Alright then, go to the same options and instead of viewing Plugin Settings, click on one of the other two for GS Window Settings or Core GS Settings

Click on Speedhacks at the top and if the speedhacks are off, then turn these ones on.

Enable INTC Spin Detection
Enable Wait Loop Detection
mVU Flag Hack

Make sure their boxes are checked, and click apply.

if that does not work, then repeat my first post with the GS Plugin Settings, and make sure the word "Native" is checked. Do NOT have Custom/x2/x3/x4/x5/x6 Native settings checked, cause if you do, then you get the weird pixilating problem that you've described that makes it all black and grainy.

If nothing I've told you helps, then you must be using SOMETHING or have some kind of setting turned on/off that needs to be either turned on/off.

If you tinker around with the settings then you will surely see results at some point and figure it out. I had the same problem that you described when I first started emulating, and now everything runs smoothely because I had to figure these things out by myself, and THAT, took me TWO WHOLE DAYS to fix by myself. Smile

I appreciate you trying to help, but when you don't know what you're talking about, it's better not to reply at all to prevent confusion and spread of misinformation. The FFX-2 FMV issue has been there since forever and the only setting that completely fixes it is a Software renderer in GSdx. Native resolution partially fixes it (as seen above) but not completely.

Everything else you mentioned has no effect on those videos and if you saw some change, it was either placebo or a change for worse.

@fade2black001: Software renderer will look just like Hardware renderer without the bugs, since this is a pre-rendered video (as others have said before me), thus no scaling option affects it.
Also software mode DOES look like the PS2 did, you just think it looks worse because the visual jaggies are much more visible on your PC monitor than they were on your CRT TV.
[Image: newsig.jpg]