FFX - Al Bhed Crash
Googled around about this a good bit, including this forum, can't seem to find anyone with this specific issue though.

I had this same issue earlier in the game at the first 'Fayth' temple, where it sorta hung, but once I reloaded it bypassed it alright, this time though it keeps crashing.

When in the summoners zone/basement of the Al Bhed complex, when rikku starts yelling about yuna dying if she goes through with everything, the visuals start to artifact and glitch massively, and then it ends up crashing PCSX2 completely.

I'm using the latest 0.9.6 with;
GSdx 890 0.1.14 (SSE4.1 version)
SPU2-X 1.2.0 (Linear and DirectSound, nothing else)
LilyPad 0.10.0
P.E.Op.S. CDVD 1.3.0 (IOCTL, Thread Read, Addit 4MB Cache, no errors in console when toggled)
DEV9Null 0.3.0, USBNull 0.5.0 and FWnull 0.4.0
And the System Specs

I've tried playing with the Drive and Graphics settings a bit as those seem to be referenced as 'common' issues. I would think more so graphics due to the glitches I see, but even trying ZeroGS 0.97.1 results in the same issue, ditto with different DVD plugin.

Note also a virtual image of the disk does the same, but the disk integrity seems fine as well.

I'm guessing its probably something under advanced settings somewhere, anyone got an idea what it might be?

Edit: I should probably clarify that its not happening at the -exact- same place either, it kinda varies between when she starts yelling and after he gets all mad that no one told him, the graphical glitches occur throughout there but the crash timing varies. Any way to get any good debugging logging going by chance that might reveal what did it?

Sponsored links

Use the 1888 beta, been said a million times before.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-01-2010, 09:24 AM)Bositman Wrote: Use the 1888 beta, been said a million times before.

Interestingly most of the topics I did find that had any relation to mine said "Use 0.9.6", lol

Giving the beta a shot now, so far I can't even get any video out put on it, just audio, the video window is black, gonna play with the different drivers though I guess.

Edit: Beta seems to be working alright now, and got past the glitchy part at least so Tongue

Thanks for the reply.