FFX Battle Menu Missing?
Hello!

Recently installed PCSX2 on my MBP Retina and got FFX to work on it besides a couple of errors I can't get a workaround.

MBP Specs:

2.3GHz i7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

For some reason, the subtitles, battle menu, and some other features won't appear in the game. Sometimes they appear but only for about 2 seconds before disappearing. Any fix for this? I've included screens of the errors and my settings. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

[Image: vr3nya.jpg]
[Image: 2vsrx1l.png]
[Image: sb4i6r.png]
[Image: 33djdx1.png]
[Image: 2jceo1k.png]
[Image: 2uerz8o.png]

Sponsored links

Okay - I am answering this because no one else is, but it comes with the disclaimer that I don't have a mac and don't know much about macs.

First I would try changing Clamp mode to normal for both EE and VU. It defaults to Normal on Windows, anyway, so it's worth a shot.

Then try changing the "No depth resolve" and "No logarithmic Z" options.

If that doesn't help, I dunno. Do you have the option to do a Windows install through bootcamp? PCSX2 on Windows is way more advanced than the old mac port.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-29-2013, 01:26 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Okay - I am answering this because no one else is, but it comes with the disclaimer that I don't have a mac and don't know much about macs.

First I would try changing Clamp mode to normal for both EE and VU. It defaults to Normal on Windows, anyway, so it's worth a shot.

Then try changing the "No depth resolve" and "No logarithmic Z" options.

If that doesn't help, I dunno. Do you have the option to do a Windows install through bootcamp? PCSX2 on Windows is way more advanced than the old mac port.

Yup I've tried different combinations for EE and VU but they don't seem to do anything. No depth resolve does nothing either. Sad If I uncheck no logarithm z, the texture goes crazy and jagged. Would this be due to the outdates graphics driver for the mac port? I'm not sure if it's an iso problem or something else.
(12-29-2013, 04:11 AM)likesyourface Wrote: Yup I've tried different combinations for EE and VU but they don't seem to do anything. No depth resolve does nothing either. Sad If I uncheck no logarithm z, the texture goes crazy and jagged. Would this be due to the outdates graphics driver for the mac port? I'm not sure if it's an iso problem or something else.

I'm pretty sure it's not an iso problem. PCSX2 mac is based either on 0.9.6 or 0.9.7 version of PCSX2.

The latest stable version for windows/linux is 1.0.0 and the latest beta version is 1.1.0 r5777

So, PCSX2 mac is based on much older code. However, I'm pretty sure some have gotten FFX to work well on it.

Are you using the very latest driver for your graphics card?
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-29-2013, 04:18 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I'm pretty sure it's not an iso problem. PCSX2 mac is based either on 0.9.6 or 0.9.7 version of PCSX2.

The latest stable version for windows/linux is 1.0.0 and the latest beta version is 1.1.0 r5777

So, PCSX2 mac is based on much older code. However, I'm pretty sure some have gotten FFX to work well on it.

Are you using the very latest driver for your graphics card?

I realised the driver I'm using (ZZOgl 0.21.213) isn't the updated version (ZZOgl 0.1.0) and I'm having trouble getting it to use the newer drive. Eh. Might as well just use Bootcamp for it. Thank you for the help anyway!
(12-29-2013, 07:49 AM)likesyourface Wrote: I realised the driver I'm using (ZZOgl 0.21.213) isn't the updated version (ZZOgl 0.1.0) and I'm having trouble getting it to use the newer drive. Eh. Might as well just use Bootcamp for it. Thank you for the help anyway!

Bootcamp will get you a MUCH better experience.
I apologize for bumping a necro thread, however I'm having the exact same issue and my specs and setup are identical to the OP's.

I'm using a memory card load to get past the white screen freeze after the blitzball movie. But this has nothing to do with the issue, as it was prevalent prior to this. (just to be aware of other glitches).

To further elaborate, the cursor at the start screen is missing when choosing New game or Load Game.
The battle menu appears randomly. but for the most part doesn't stay for long.
Random textures are very glitchy; save points, Kimahri's hair in the intro.

I've attempted to use bootcamp but I can never get it to work properly.

Your thoughts are much appreciated.