FFX Black screen on startup
Ok so I tried starting FFX and get a black screen on startup, No sound no nothing, I have tried a few things I found around the web for setting Pcsx2 to run it but just isnt happening, I attached my DXdiag, but if needed I can upload the settings in Pcsx2 I have at this point...just have to take screenies of it I did notice in Console I get this CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x0005e61d
CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x0005e5fd
CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x0005e60d
CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x0005e61d
CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x0005e5fd
CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x0005e60d
CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x0005e61d
..I do not get this with other games...any help would be awesome Thanks.

Attached Files
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 87,87 KB / Downloads: 189)

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU Amd Ryzen 7 X1800 4.0 GHZ, Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x370 K5, Ram DDR4 24G 3200 Ripjaw VI, Video Cards: 2 Msi 1080TI Gaming X in SLI.

Pcsx2 Version 1.4.0

Playing from ISO from my game dvd

(02-11-2018, 07:46 AM)Xoremus Wrote: CPU Amd Ryzen 7 X1800 4.0 GHZ, Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x370 K5, Ram DDR4 24G 3200 Ripjaw VI, Video Cards: 2 Msi 1080TI Gaming X in SLI.

Pcsx2 Version 1.4.0

Playing from ISO from my game dvd
Emu log

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 23,12 KB / Downloads: 117)
First, download the latest dev build here: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

Also, I would recommend ripping your disk with a program such as ImgBurn. The PS2's disk reader is a bit more sensitive to disc scratches in my experience and some disks have had issues being read in PCSX2 but had no errors while they were being ripped - so give that a try and see what happens Wink

Finally, you should use the OpenGL renderer instead of DX9 since you own an Nvidia card.