FFX Black screen
Hi there,
I spent over an hour to find a solution for my problem i have with FFX.
I first played the PAL version, then in the middle of the Desert befor the home of the Al bhed, the game stopped. I was switching from one Area to anotherone and the windows stayed black.
Then i tried the NTSC Version. Everything did go fine until i went into the macalania woods after defeated Seymore the 2nd time and all the cutsence after. Then again i can´t play because the screen stays black while switching from one area to anotherone.
I tried nearly everything, i changed graphic options, the bios, used Linuz ISO plugin and Gigahertz CDVD Plugin with mounted FFX, nothing helped.

Maybe someone here can help me fix this, finally i want to play FFX to the end before starting with FFX-2 Sad

My System:
AMD Phenom 2 X940 BE
GeForce 8800GTS
8GB Ram
Windows XP SP3/Windows 7

used PCSX2 0.9.6 and the newest Beta

Sponsored links

Quote:i changed graphic options, the bios
Quote:Then i tried the NTSC Version

Sad [feeling suspicious]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Nothing suspicious about it, people are allowed to have multiple PS2 where to get bios...es.

@dark1984: are you using speedhacks of any kind? when you try to pass the same place again are you doing it from save states? maybe are you able to remake the iso of the game to try again or maybe run it with gabest's cdvdolio plugin from the disc itself?
Quote:Nothing suspicious about it, people are allowed to have multiple PS2 where to get bios...es.

... and the same game in 2 different versions ?

Anyways, yer right. uniticking all speedhacks should do the trick. If not, try pcsx2 0.9.4. It helped many people to get through "black screen issues".
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-12-2009, 12:21 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: maybe run it with gabest's cdvdolio plugin from the disc itself?

can´t run directly from the disc, don´t know why. When i try, the PS2 Browser will open and i can only select the memory cards, but there is no disc shown. Will try to make another ISO image later.

I don´t have any speed hacks activ, but tested it with every one, still the screen stays black. Same with v 0.9.4

When i go backwards, i have no problems to continue, its only when i want to move to the next area Sad