FFX CGI VIDEO PROBLEM
i am playing ffx right now using pcsx2 0.9.8.. the game works well , the problem is on every fmv, 1/3 of the screen is not working, so i cant see the whole fmv clearly, tried the ffx fix and it does not go away. any solution?
Finished Game: GOW 1, DMC3, SOTC, KH1, ONE PIECE GRAND ADVENTURE, ONIMUSHA 1, FFX, ONIMUSHA 3, GOW 2
Currently Playing: ICO, KH-RE:COM, FFX2, TENCHU WOH, CASTLEVANIA LOI (any good suggestions?)

(Using PCSX2 0.9.8) Laugh

Sponsored links

well...maybe you should try first of all 0.9.7 (works on my laptop better than 0.9.8 with the same settings lol) and try gdsx with direct3d9(hardware) and activate everything except the native res...
also you should look what kind of sse is supported by your machine...maybe this can cause some problems like that too with your graphic plugin ^^
Yeah, check the game fix for it...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-21-2011, 08:45 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah, check the game fix for it...

Chedeo Wrote:tried the ffx fix and it does not go away. any solution?

Odd... the game fix shoud be being auto applied AND working since that's what it was designed to fix. Can you post your emulog.txt? Maybe your version of FFX's CRC is off... though that wouldn't explain why it wouldn't work when manually applied.
[Image: 2748844.png]
When manually applied it is forced so it should work with any version. The only other guess is that his settings are not being saved for some reason
[Image: newsig.jpg]
i applied it manually and it did not work. also, tried it wth pcsx2 0.9.7 and same results appear (and also slower on 0.9.7 so ill stick with 0.9.8 version) .. ill post the log and screenshots as soon as i got to play it again, maybe this weekend.
Finished Game: GOW 1, DMC3, SOTC, KH1, ONE PIECE GRAND ADVENTURE, ONIMUSHA 1, FFX, ONIMUSHA 3, GOW 2
Currently Playing: ICO, KH-RE:COM, FFX2, TENCHU WOH, CASTLEVANIA LOI (any good suggestions?)

post the game CRC from the log.
got a solution... i read from my google search that pressing F9 while the cgi video is playing is helpful and it was. but i dont even know what this F9 does to the emulator. also, if i dont press it again after the video, the gameplay is just too slow. so i need to press is again to return to the actual speed of the game. its effective but, is there any other solution other than this? coz the gameplays speed changes and it is a little annoying. if there no other way, i guess i have to stick with this to continue playing the game without that disturbing problem on cgi cutscenes.

If it seems your settings are not being saved, I could suggest you try using the PCSX2 Binary package and extract it to a custom location (i.e. "C:\PCSX2\"). Such problems can occur if using the installer to install in "Program Files" and using "My Documents".

Pressing F9 during gameplay toggles the GS renderer. Typically, you would use a Hardware renderer, so the first press of F9 will switch to a Software renderer. The Software ones are well know to clean up graphic errors/glitches, but will generally be slower than a Hardware renderer (due to the lack of GPU usage). More on this in the guide, under Graphics plugin configuration
@Chedeo you sure you talk about FFX and not FFX-2(the one you play with just girls - it starts from "Yuna" concert)? If you would post your game CRC like asked that would probably be the case. Couse this FMV bug exist now only within FFX-2(that would explain why automatic/manual fixes for FFX FMV's doesn't work;P) and if I remember only fix for that is running the game in native res, which software mode(that you switch to by pressing F9) also does.

Soo if you don't feel like switching rendering modes between hw/sw, you could try playing in native res in hw mode, but it's better to switch like you do, couse native res looks just ugly now unless you're having your pc connected to some old low res tv.