FFX Config Settings?
I already have the configuration set to the highest standards that my computer can handle, yet, when there is dialog, the speech is slightly delayed. Also, when I'm opted to confirm a character's name, the entire screen shows up, but the movement on the D-pad is delayed, as well as the sound. Help? It's set to 2x Native, so the lines are quite smooth.

PC Specs:
HP Pavilion dv6-7010us 15.6" - A series A8-4500M - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - 6 GB RAM - 750 GB HDD)
Upgraded to Windows 8 Pro
CPU AMD A series A8-4500M / 2.1 GHz
Max Turbo Speed 3.0 GHz
Quad-Core
RAM 6.0 GB
1366 x 768 ( HD ) Res
Graphics Processor AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7640G
Total Available Graphics Memory 3060.0 MB

Sponsored links

This is one of the easiest games to emulate. You should be playing this game using default settings with no problem. Make sure you are using the latest stable version of the emulator.
New Gran Turismo 4 Config+Shader 2017

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
@op-Are u play the game with iso or dvd?
I ripped my all my games to .iso since that helps a lot with loading of the games. Also for the convenience of not having to load a disc every time I want to switch games. So I do not understand why people keep using the actual disc when you have an advantage when using .iso images.

are you using default settings?
New Gran Turismo 4 Config+Shader 2017

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
(07-05-2013, 08:56 PM)deadlyjoaquin Wrote: I ripped my all my games to .iso since that helps a lot with loading of the games. Also for the convenience of not having to load a disc every time I want to switch games. So I do not understand why people keep using the actual disc when you have an advantage when using .iso images.

are you using default settings?

Some people either dont know they can/how to do so...
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(07-05-2013, 07:25 PM)snolan1993 Wrote: I already have the configuration set to the highest standards that my computer can handle, yet, when there is dialog, the speech is slightly delayed. Also, when I'm opted to confirm a character's name, the entire screen shows up, but the movement on the D-pad is delayed, as well as the sound. Help? It's set to 2x Native, so the lines are quite smooth.

PC Specs:
HP Pavilion dv6-7010us 15.6" - A series A8-4500M - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - 6 GB RAM - 750 GB HDD)
Upgraded to Windows 8 Pro
CPU AMD A series A8-4500M / 2.1 GHz
Max Turbo Speed 3.0 GHz
Quad-Core
RAM 6.0 GB
1366 x 768 ( HD ) Res
Graphics Processor AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7640G
Total Available Graphics Memory 3060.0 MB
Take note of the fps reading (don't run it at full screen. Disable all non-recommended speed hack, set vu cycle steal all the way to the left). Post the screenshot of your pcsx2 config here. Try using hardware native resolution first. Use latest revision of pcsx2. Use async mix for the audio setting.
Its often best to test things out on the latest stable release instead of the latest SVN.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(07-05-2013, 08:11 PM)Yash the gamer Wrote: @op-Are u play the game with iso or dvd?

I'm using the game disc, which doesn't have any scratches, and runs perfectly in a PS2. I just like the convenience of playing on my laptop.

(07-06-2013, 05:34 AM)abyssaldesignatorify Wrote: Take note of the fps reading (don't run it at full screen. Disable all non-recommended speed hack, set vu cycle steal all the way to the left). Post the screenshot of your pcsx2 config here. Try using hardware native resolution first. Use latest revision of pcsx2. Use async mix for the audio setting.

I do watch the fps, and i'm having problems with a few other games, either run on .iso or cdrom. I've fooled with all of the speed hacks and ended up fixing the lag on the confirm name screen. As for the cycle steal, it actually runs a bit better a tad to the right on my computer. Also, for the native, it comes up choppy set to Native, and runs a lot better on 2x. The audio syncs and unsyncs from time to time, but that isn't anything to worry about. Thanks. I've also gotten the speech to run at a normal rate.
(07-05-2013, 07:39 PM)deadlyjoaquin Wrote: This is one of the easiest games to emulate. You should be playing this game using default settings with no problem. Make sure you are using the latest stable version of the emulator.

Of course i'm using the latest version, as well as the most recent plugins/bios. The default settings weren't doing the job and made the graphics look terrible, so I set it to 2x Native, applied some speed hacks, messed with the FFX video hacks, and it's running smoothly. The only problem now is that the emulator closes after Auron says "look" in a cutscene. Yay.

(07-06-2013, 06:57 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: Its often best to test things out on the latest stable release instead of the latest SVN.
It's already been done on default on the latest release.
tries setting clamping mode to extra ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go