FFX FMV is flickering
My FMV works with these settings on FFX-2

GSdx 1.1.8 (1.1.14 doesnt work for me)
DX 9 mode (dx 10 also doesnt work for me)

Weave BFF on (it doesnt show on the SS)

[Image: ffx22222.jpg]

Sponsored links

(04-08-2009, 06:13 PM)Saiki Wrote: fmvs are all over the place, you're bound to run into a few quickly (or run the demo vid when you boot FFX)
Tried these settings as it is what I understand you meant: attatched jpg

Found a savegame near the blitzball scene where you get attacked. It has the FMV with Auron appearing and the FMV with the summoning of the Aeon. The first one played normally (but that has happened in the past also) but the second one has never played normally and didn't do so now either.

What else should I try?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

try a different sound plugin perhaps? I use ZeroSPU2 since SPU2-X has issues with FFX
(04-08-2009, 06:19 PM)dtha Wrote: My FMV works with these settings on FFX-2

GSdx 1.1.8 (1.1.14 doesnt work for me)
DX 9 mode (dx 10 also doesnt work for me)

Weave BFF on (it doesnt show on the SS)

I downloaded the older GSdx and copied your settings as per the picture. Unfortunately this did not fix my issues.

However, just for the fun of it I tried software mode as direct3d renderer and that displayed everything perfectly. It also cut my FPS in half and made the game slow to a crawl but other then that it was great Tongue
(04-08-2009, 06:53 PM)Saiki Wrote: try a different sound plugin perhaps? I use ZeroSPU2 since SPU2-X has issues with FFX

I'm not entirely sure where to get that plugin. Gonna try google, but if you have an official link it be much appreciated.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's included. My bad. Are there any newer versions?
I tried all of the included Augio plugins.

ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6 produced no music
P.E.Op.S SPU2 1.9.0 produced no music
SPU2-X 1.1.0 works flawlessly

None of them changed the outcome of how the FMV's was played.
it's in the beta thread I think..
Okay here is the patch I was talking about, I was in class before so couldn't post before.

http://www.ps2-scene.org/forums/419093-post78.html

this fixed all my problems with FMV stuttering, enjoy!

make sure you use the correct patch for your game version.
ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.
(04-08-2009, 08:24 PM)Misfire Wrote: Okay here is the patch I was talking about, I was in class before so couldn't post before.

Huh? You sure you posted in the right thread? I can't find you mentioning a patch earlier in this thread. Also, the patch that you posted seems to be developed for FF12 not 10., and the thread you linked to talks about audio issues and a BSOD issue. I haven't experienced any of that. Am I missing something?
(04-08-2009, 08:40 PM)Fr33m4n Wrote:
(04-08-2009, 08:24 PM)Misfire Wrote: Okay here is the patch I was talking about, I was in class before so couldn't post before.

Huh? You sure you posted in the right thread? I can't find you mentioning a patch earlier in this thread. Also, the patch that you posted seems to be developed for FF12 not 10., and the thread you linked to talks about audio issues and a BSOD issue. I haven't experienced any of that. Am I missing something?

crap, wrong thread meant to post this for the FF 12 FMV thread. Oops
ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.
Eventually I was able to figure out the ZeroGS has a FF X hack that makes that plugin work pretty nice. But it suffers from some slowdowns at certain points and it makes the game look very aliased compared to GSdx, even with anti-aliasing turned all the way up to x16. That actually seems really strange to me. But, more importantly, the FMV's work 100% with the ZeroGS plugin.

Anyway, I actually do prefer the GSdx plugin, it's just so weird that some FMV's will play flawlessly while others will flicker like mad, and that interlacing has no impact for me while most others report that interlacing will fix the problem.

I have now progressed to the part where you are in the Al Bhed summoner sanctuary and the game keep crashing on me. It does with both the ZeroGS and GSdx plugin. Really strange. Is there a fix for this?