FFX Feeze after yuna marriage -.-
my emulator froze right after yuna got married, she fell off the building and then everyone was running down the stairs, and there's a save sphere on the left, as everyone is running into that building right in front of them, it just freezes Sad please help, second freeze i get.

Sponsored links

Not a bug report, moved.

What PCSX2 settings? plugin settings? Any kind of errors in the console/output window?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
what do you mean pcsx2 settings? what part of it? and i dunno how to tell you what my plugin settings are, sorry im kinda hopeless at all this, i know basic stuff but i just need specifics. and there is no errors in the console but GS and UI jump from 0%-1% thats it. here ill read whats on top of the window, maybe that is what you mean lol

GS | Interlaced (field) | Limiter: Normal | fps: jumping around 48 and 50 | EE: around 40's (40-49%) | GS: 0%
UI: 0%-3% | State 0

if that helps
Example of settings, courtesy of caribpapi:

[Image: th_pcsx2_CoreSettings_VUs.png] [Image: th_pcsx2_CoreSettings_Speedhacks.png] [Image: th_pcsx2_CoreSettings_GS.png] [Image: th_pcsx2_CoreSettings_GameFixes.png] [Image: th_pcsx2_CoreSettings_EE-IOP.png] [Image: th_pcsx2_AppSettings_Plugins.png]
[Image: th_GSdx9Settings.png] [Image: th_SPU2-XSettings.png]
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thats all i can take screen shots of, but my gsdx9 is exactly the same as that screen shot that caribpapi posted the sound isnt exactly the same though, i have to make the sound come out of my actualy speakers, the recommended setting doesnt work.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Maybe for the sake of getting past that point, you should try the recommended sound settings. Believe it or not, the wrong sound settings can make this much of an impact.

Are you loading from a memory card save from that sphere, or using savestates?

Have you tried without Speedhacks? They may be great for speed, but they can cause problems.

BTW - You said "second freeze I get". What did you do to get past the first one?
the first freeze was right beside djos temple but i didnt need to go into the inn i found out shortly after, so i got away from that, although it did freeze at the docks when yuna did her first sending but i had to use some weird setting to get passed that
(12-16-2010, 12:38 AM)Rezard Wrote: Maybe for the sake of getting past that point, you should try the recommended sound settings. Believe it or not, the wrong sound settings can make this much of an impact.

Are you loading from a memory card save from that sphere, or using savestates?

Have you tried without Speedhacks? They may be great for speed, but they can cause problems.

BTW - You said "second freeze I get". What did you do to get past the first one?

well, i usually load from a mem card, actually this was the first time i used savestate because i didnt feel like fighting Evrea again for the 4th time, (it took me 4 times to realise i could savestate, i forgot) and i used savestates right before the cutscene where yuna falls off the building and saves her self with the aeon. the videos are all screwy sadly... it keeps flashing back and forth constantly to the last screen before the cgi.
When trying to get past a freeze like this you really have to use the memcard save.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(12-16-2010, 01:35 AM)GamerGeek Wrote: When trying to get past a freeze like this you really have to use the memcard save.

that would require killing Evrae for the 5th time and possibly getting me nowhere but good point, ill wait till i can try to fix my settings then ill start from there
Load Bios Warning: rom1 module not found, skipping... (this is not an error)
Load Bios Warning: rom2 module not found, skipping... (this is not an error)
Load Bios Warning: erom module not found, skipping... (this is not an error)

just saw that and this too

GIFTAG error, size exceeded VU memory size 3ff