[FFX] Fights don't start (PAL)
Hello again.
I've disabled all speedhacks, and reset everything to default... and it loads 1/3 of the shattered screen and stops.
The titlebar still runs (FPS~40, EE~99 GS 0-4, and UI from 0 to rarely 1). Thank you for your previous advice, and I was wondering if you had any more to offer?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Any error in the console window?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I don't believe so, I just redid it, and the last three lines in the console are:

microVU1: Cached MicroPrograms = [058] [PC=00af] [List=01] (Cache = 3.905%)
microVU1: Cached MicroPrograms = [059] [PC=00b4] [List=01] (Cache = 3.905%)
microVU1: Cached MicroPrograms = [060] [PC=000a] [List=01] (Cache = 4.069%)

Thanks, I should have clarified that in my previous post.
Question 
Has an actual fix been found, after several hours of searching the net I've come up with nought, I've seen people give answers pretty much amounting to "Have you tried turning it on and off again" but that doesn't seem to do the trick Tongue
I am using the same settings, and also had no errors in the console.
After some searching, it appear both the NTSC-U And Australian PAL both do this. D:
So, after 3 hours of dicking around I found a fix.
I updated to the newest release of the emulator which at this time is 0.9.7.2876m I enabled Speedhacks and turned to 3 disabled all hacks and the only microVU Hack enabled was mVU Flag Hack. I also had the FFX videos fix enabled. Hope this helps.
Kingy:
Did you have the same behaviour as AstarothVulpine in this post?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFX-Fight...#pid153647
No, my fights load up and don't freeze up at the "Shattering" screen
A fix for this will more likely be a hack situation if it is a Thunder Plains hang. It is well known that the game even hung there on the PS2 occasionally, of course the emulator tends to do it more often however Tongue

as to the OP's issue, that probably is being caused by speed hacks being whacked all the way up
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]