FFX Freezing after Djose Temple (atikmdag driver stopped working)
Sorry for your trouble if that because of me. Try to delete pcsx2.ini file first and reconfig back your all setting you was using before. For your problem, perhaps you have to back with old pcsx2 0.95 or 0.94 and try your game with those.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.

Sponsored links

try clearing your temp files perhaps?
WHAT THE HELL. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?! With the EXACT same configuration I was getting high 30s-low 40s FPS with before, I'm not getting high 20s ONLY by using speedhacks. I have no idea what happened... My problems with Pcsx2 are now much greater. Registry, it's not your fault. You were trying to help, and I messed it up somehow. I deleted the ini file and reconfiged, but still nothin.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1350/19438962.jpg

This was and still is my configuration. With this same config, my FPS is worse. What does this mean? I'm inclined to believe that it means something in my hardware is broken. Any thoughts? I am absolutely furious right now.
Please post your full settings.

Also, I don't think that game crashing has anything to do with dx version/graphic card drivers or processor speed...

The first thing you should try is to play through that moment on a different emu version, like 0.9.5 or 0.9.4. That would help to determine if emu itself is the problem. FFX is known to be somewhat broken in 0.9.6 and later svn builds.
Wow... This is funny. I just got by the post Djose Temple event no problem... I made this topic because I needed help getting by. Now, I've done so, but I'm in an even worse position.

My FPS is still terrible. This is absolutely hilarious.
When you say full settings, what are you looking for? I'll download .9.5 and post what happens. Thanks.
Set NLOOP hack to 'grayed', when enabled it drops fps by 10-15 for me..
Yeah, mine is actually already grayed... I didn't know how to change it, haha. The picture I posted if someone else's who was also playing FFX and I just copied his config when configing my pcsx2. so that's out. thanks though.

do you have any idea what happened here? how it just got so messed up? i'm so baffled.
The configuration seems to be fine, at least I get 60fps with that one most of the time. The only remaining idea is something wrong with your system, like processor or gfx is overloaded by something.

If you're playing on a laptop, you should try disabling all power saving options, as these can regulate your processor speed, an amount of ram dedicated to your gfx card and so on, thus reducing pcsx performance greatly.
LMAO! Thank you so much, Cain! I had my laptop on "power saver" mode since I was low on battery, but once I switched it into "high performance," my FPS was back into the high 40's. Gosh, I'm an idiot! Haha, thanks man.
Heheh Wink