FFX Graphics Trouble
I am having some graphics issues with FFX. I was having the notorious problem with the game freezing (white screen) after the first blitzball cutscene, but I found a saved game right after that, and have been trying to play from there with 45-60 fps (Tidus and Auron are running down the crumbling highway--have to battle a bunch of 'sinscales'). There are a few problems I am having with this, and I assume they are all related: 1) There are no subtitles when characters are talking 2) Tidus is running down the highway and looks up at a building and says "What are you looking at old man?" There is supposed to be a billboard type thing on the building, but all I see is a brown building that is indented where a billboard should be. 3) Most important issue-- when I start to fight the sinscales, the first time I attack the battle screen looks normal. However, after the first attack when it is my turn again there is no battle screen at all (e.g. I can't seen the attack/item selection or the target selection), but I can just hit X (and guess what I am selecting) and Auron will still attack, but I can't actually see what I'm selecting (which would obviously make the game impossible to play once you start getting items and magic).

My X11 says this over and over while I'm playing:
ZZogl: Failed to create bitmask texture; ZZogl: bitmask cache; 0 ZZogl: Invalid enumerator
ZeroSPU2: recording
ZZogl: Failed to create bitmask texture; ZZogl: bitmask cache; 0 ZZogl: Invalid enumerator
ZeroSPU2: recording

I am running the latest version of pcsx2 for mac with ZeroSPU2-1.0.4.6 and
ZZOgl.0.21.204. I've tried messing with different configs, but I'm a newb and don't want to mess with it too much and mess up things worse than they are already.
I am running it on an iMac with Snow Leopard (10.6.3):
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Graphics:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored links

This issue was resolved in r212.
like i said, i'm a total newb when it comes to all of this. how do i get r212? is it a plugin?

*snip*
no links to unofficial builds, please.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
sorry, is there an official mac build? i was under the impression that the link i posted was the only mac build.
so i was looking around and discovered that r212 means revision 212 (i think). so now my question is, does anyone no where to get this revision or later for mac?
you can compile it from the source : http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
i guess if that is my only option, im screwed. because i have no idea how to do that, and as far as i can tell, there isn't a guide for how to do compile from the source on mac. if anyone knows where a guide for mac is, or has another way to fix my issue, let me know. thanks.