FFX Hanging in Mt. Gagazet
Question 
I am playing FFX, and my game is hanging after the Ronsos sing on Mt. Gagazet. The game isn't frozen but seems to be at a loss for what to do next. My game is stuck on this screen: [Image: gagazet.png]

Are there any fixes/workarounds to this? I'd like to move forward - my summer would be eternally boring if I couldn't :\

Sponsored links

Start by trying it in the latest beta if you aren't already:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

Show us your PC specs and PCSX2 settings so we can help better.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
disable MicroVU if it's on (playing with SVNs before and after the beta it causes lockups there and a few other places)

it's found at "Emulation options > EE" change recompilers to Legacy (SuperVU) and it should pass it without an issue
I got passed it by getting the latest beta. Thank you.

For completeness, my specs were

PC
- Win 7 Prof., 64bit
- Intel i5
- 4GB RAM

PCSX2 (0.9.6)
- Graphics: GSdx 890 w/Direct3D 10
- Sound: SPU-X 1.1.0
- Controller: LilyPad 0.9.9
- Cdvdrom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
- Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
- Usb: USBnull Driver 0.5.0
- FWnullDriver 0.4.0
- BIOS: USA v01.60
- Speed Hacks: Use x3
- CPU: Normal
- Everything else default, I believe
Oh, also, the game still went through in the 0.9.7 even though microVU was enabled.
(07-21-2010, 12:29 AM)jmm175 Wrote: Oh, also, the game still went through in the 0.9.7 even though microVU was enabled.

That's good, the beta might have that fixed, the SVNs don't seem to. no idea what was changed about mvu, just thought I'd put the warning out there
(07-20-2010, 11:54 PM)jmm175 Wrote: I am playing FFX, and my game is hanging after the Ronsos sing on Mt. Gagazet. The game isn't frozen but seems to be at a loss for what to do next.

Just love this error description.. Laugh
(07-21-2010, 01:31 AM)rama Wrote:
(07-20-2010, 11:54 PM)jmm175 Wrote: I am playing FFX, and my game is hanging after the Ronsos sing on Mt. Gagazet. The game isn't frozen but seems to be at a loss for what to do next.

Just love this error description.. Laugh

same, most interesting one I've heard yet (for any error)