FFX Hanging
(10-21-2010, 04:30 AM)WTFsandwich Wrote: I attempted disc playback with CDVDolio and the Skip MPEG, nothing still.

It may be that my disc is in poor condition. I'm going to take a rip from my room mates disc, and see if that works any better.

Yeah, my FFX-2 disc was in poor condition and did this early on too, but making an image sorted it for me. Most of the time when a game that's reported as working hangs it's a disc/image issue.
Specs in Profile

Sponsored links

(10-21-2010, 01:36 AM)WTFsandwich Wrote: After the Blitzball CG at the beginning of the game, when I meet with Auron and he says "Look", the game will hang.
The video will freeze, but the background music continues.

Man, how many times I've seen this post, even I did the same post years ago, you know, nobody gave me the right answer so I'm going to tell you what I did, I just change of Pcsx2 version, simple as that, I was using 0.9.2 I think, then I swich to 0.9.4. Done, I pass that part, try doing the same, change your pcsx2 version and see if it works Smile. Good luck Happy

PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
I just noticed this, after trying again with my old ISO but with the OPH Flag Hack on.

In the log window, it says (EE pc:0015C7B4) TLB Miss, addr=0x281a0f0 [store] right when it hangs.

Is that an even better indicator it's my disc image?
[Image: 1442011.png]
try playing it in pcsx2 9.6

if it works you can copy the memorycards and play the rest of the game on the newer versions.

i once had this problem but soon got away after i restarted the game.
(10-21-2010, 10:54 PM)warWeeny Wrote: try playing it in pcsx2 9.6

if it works you can copy the memorycards and play the rest of the game on the newer versions.

i once had this problem but soon got away after i restarted the game.

i would figure it would be the new gsdx pluginif its freezing on mpeg screens
he might have it set on dx9 software
which was never good at viewing mpeg movies in pcsx2

or at least for me it hasnt
long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.
It was just my disc. I got an ISO from my friends disc, and it works great.

I appreciate the help everyone.
[Image: 1442011.png]