FFX International Undub - Black Screen Issue
Information 
I've been playing FFX International Undubbed version on PCSX2 0.9.6, and it worked flawlessly. But after the fight with Sin on the Airship (the one against those fins on its arms before entering it), more specifically after the after-battle screen, it just hung as a black screen and there was no sound either. I couldn't get it to work, I've tried turning off all the speed hacks, changing Clamp Mode to Normal then Extra, but it still didn't work. Can someone fix this for me ? Thanks in advance Smile

Sponsored links

Why do you not use the latest stable release 0.9.8 or a subversion? Your version is outdated and I'm afraid no support is given for it. Try a newer version of PCSX2 and see if the problem persists.

And why do you call the International "undubbed"? There's a language selector when you start a new game, although it is in Japanese. The game features English voice over, whatever languege you choose - it only affects the text in the game. If you choose correctly, all things are in English, except for the text when saving/loading.
if 0.9.8 or SVN 0.9.9 http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ still persists
try it on your real PS2 if black screen is still the same on both pcsx2 and PS2 console you better use the original FFX copy version
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
No crash can occur on the PS2 -- the game developers has tested their games a milion times. The only crash I encounter with FFX on PS2 was the infamous "Auron Look", but it is because my disc was broken. Everything's fine when I burnt a different one.
he is using the undub version thus his FFX was modified.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(09-01-2011, 04:11 AM)tallbender Wrote: he is using the undub version thus his FFX was modified.
Yep, this ^

Use your original disc, and it should run just fine. Unless... Tongue
(09-01-2011, 04:06 AM)Livy Wrote: No crash can occur on the PS2 -- the game developers has tested their games a milion times.

actually...... yeah, a crash can occur on the ps2.....