FFX Movies problem
Good evening, I have a small problem with the movies in FFX and, while the search button brought up some results, no one seemed to be about the problematic I am experiencing.

I am using the 1.0.0 version of pcsx2. I am using default emulation settings for EE/IOP,VUs,GS,Gs Window. In the Speedhacks section I've enabled MTVU and in the Game fixes, I enabled the FFX movie fix, hoping it would fix my problem, that was not the case.

GSDX settings are as following:

-dx11 renderer
-6x native resolution
-Texture filtering, allow 8 bit textures are checked, logarithmic Z and Alpha correction are greyed out, but they are checked too. Not using the dx9 renderer, as it causes some chunks of sky to go missing randomly.

Now, my issue with the movies is this: The movies play fine however, everytime someone is talking the text is not displayed. The only thing that gets displayed is the colon after the character's name and before the text but the name and whatever a character is saying are not displayed. Using F9 to switch to software fixes it, but sometimes there's text straight off the bat when a movie starts and I end up missing something. It becomes quite the annoyance as I am playing the game with Japanese voices and I do rely on subtitles.

Anyone has any tips to fix this? Thanks in advance

Sponsored links

did you happen to use a kind of undub patch ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
May it be there is some skipdraw active on GSDX?
Make sure it's 0 in that case.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thanks for the replies.
@Jesalvein: I am playing the NTSC international version that comes with japanese voices and the option to select between japanese and english subtitles.
@nosisab Ken Keleh: I've checked and skipdraw is indeed set to 0.
Both FFX and FFX-2 did the same thing to me. After a while I just learned to deal with it.
The international version only has English voices so you must have a ISO that was patched with a undub patch. In that case its easily understandable why there may be missing subtitles.
@Topken:
Would have been an interesting take on the issue however if you read it more carefully you would have noticed this: "Using F9 to switch to software fixes it, but sometimes there's text straight off the bat when a movie starts and I end up missing something."
I strongly doubt that missing subtitles would pop out thin air when in software mode.
Quote:and the option to select between japanese and english subtitles. [and the option to select between japanese and english subtitles.

are you sure you didn't patch you ISO ?
I don't remember such a version being sold anywhere in the world.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go