FFX Performance Issues *LAST RESORT*
Ok , so ive gotten home all excited and stuff to run FFX , created an ISO with MAGIC ISO off the FFX DVD (original) and pcsx2 crashes when trying to launch , what on earth am i doing wrong now ?? Sad

**Edit**
OK so i figured out the ISO part , still running at 38-43 FPS . . . i just DONT understand why Sad

Sponsored links

Your prosessor is not powerfull enough because pscx2 does not support quad core (only dual core) you will not get full speed. You should have 3ghz dual core to get full speed. That is what i thing. Sorry to say but quad core is pretty useless to emulation right now:/

But ofcourse you should try those speed hacks to get best speeds and you could also try a newer beta.
WELL .... no quad core is not usless , I am now running FLAWLESLY ! after all my hours in tweaking and getting to know the client , i pinned it down to my SOUND plugin !!!!

Now Im Running at constant 50FPS and even higher if i want to !

Thanks To the people who Assisted me in my Massive Learning Curve , now its time to play some FFX !~ w00t ! Laugh
Do you really get solid 50 fps all the time and what speed hacks are you using.
Just intrested to knowTongue

But still pcsx2 uses only the 2 cores, so quad core is pretty useless right now in emulation but ofcourse some other programs works faster. But great if you got full speed.Smile
FF X running at speed of 50 fps , but when acted a magic that use the pixel shader or sfocatur how magic antima and valefor sonic wing my emu slow down to 11 fps ! what is the problem?
(01-31-2009, 03:28 PM)Sir_Alex Wrote: FF X running at speed of 50 fps , but when acted a magic that use the pixel shader or sfocatur how magic antima and valefor sonic wing my emu slow down to 11 fps ! what is the problem?

Get a faster PC.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-31-2009, 01:45 PM)kingis Wrote: Do you really get solid 50 fps all the time and what speed hacks are you using.
Just intrested to knowTongue

But still pcsx2 uses only the 2 cores, so quad core is pretty useless right now in emulation but ofcourse some other programs works faster. But great if you got full speed.Smile

sorry to ask such a noob question,
if I use C2Q 2.4Ghz and run pcsx2 on it, then i'll get the same speed as C2D 2.4Ghz? Wacko Wacko
Yea PCSX2 does not use QuadCore yet, you should get the same speed.
ow, i see. thx for replying.
(01-31-2009, 03:28 PM)Sir_Alex Wrote: FF X running at speed of 50 fps , but when acted a magic that use the pixel shader or sfocatur how magic antima and valefor sonic wing my emu slow down to 11 fps ! what is the problem?

try GSdx 0.1.7