FFX Performance Issues *LAST RESORT*
Bug 
Can i Just Say , this emulator is fantastic , ive seen it run on a few mates CPU's , and the work you guys have done is perfection ! Great Job !

OK! now , down to business .

Im only new on the scene and im a HUGE Final Fantasy fan . Ive been wanting to run FFX on PCSX2 for a while now , I get it to "RUN" but no matter what I do , i cant get it to hold a steady Frame Rate .

Someone please help in assisting me in getting this game to run properly , ive seen it done , i know it can happen ! just need to be pointed in the right direction !

System Specs :
Q6600 2.4ghz Quad Core Processor (Vista Home Premium SP1)
Nvidia 8800GTS 512MB (Latest Drivers Installed / DX10)
4GB DDR2 1066mhz RAM
Using PCSX2 Playground Edition
GSDX 0.1.14 Graphic Plugin
Zero SPU2 0.4.6 Sound Plugin

Ive tried everything and normally dont like leaving Nubish posts like this , but honestly i have tried over and over again (in excess of about 6 hours) trying to get this to run , like i said , die hard FF fan , and really want to make this happen !!

Ill be looking forward to a Reply from anyone that can assist !

Cheers Guys .
Sin.

Sponsored links

dude, wrong section.....
Moved....
edited
(01-30-2009, 11:53 AM)Blah Wrote: Try using a different bios file . I found using a european bios removed some issues which seem to be there with the american one.

Do not suggest illegal activities Angry
Most people only own one PS2, thus only one BIOS.

Have you enabled the recompilers? MTGS? Are you using GSDX in DX10 Hardware or DX 9 Hardware modus?

Please post your complete configuration.
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
Hey guys thanks for the quick reply !

Yes Have enabled MTGS , though . . . recompilers ? please explain ? and yes using DX10 Of Gsdx 0.1.14 . . . Sad
Ohh and Config as Follows :
GSdx 890 SSSE3
ZeroSPU2 0.4.6
Gigaherz's CDDVD Plugin 0.7.0
DEV9null Driver 0.3.0

what else would you need mate , let me know and i shall post !
screenshots of every configuration page (cpu, advanced, gsdx ...)
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
OK , posted the required Screenies , good luck ! and thankyou !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-30-2009, 11:57 AM)VeaaC Wrote:
(01-30-2009, 11:53 AM)Blah Wrote: Try using a different bios file . I found using a european bios removed some issues which seem to be there with the american one.

Do not suggest illegal activities Angry
Most people only own one PS2, thus only one BIOS.
Dont make stupid replies.

I dont care if you think most people only own 1 ps2 that makes no difference. some people might own two, hell some people might borrow one from their friends or somethnig. i made a suggestion its not illegal, i merely said to try a different bios, how people obtain it is their choice.

A lot of people in europe own two ps2's, an american and european one so we can play both region games.
In any case,the BIOS has nothing,absolutely nothing to do with how well PCSX2 runs,so your suggestion was pretty useless anyway.You should also clarify though that the user has to own the consoles for it to be legal.
Sinakuma: Go here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2731.html And download the latest SVN 658
Now,make an ISO of your disc and use Linuzappz ISO plugin to read it.
Use DirectX 10 mode in GSdx and that should do it
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-30-2009, 12:45 PM)Bositman Wrote: In any case,the BIOS has nothing,absolutely nothing to do with how well PCSX2 runs,so your suggestion was pretty useless anyway.You should also clarify though that the user has to own the consoles for it to be legal.
Sinakuma: Go here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2731.html And download the latest SVN 658
Now,make an ISO of your disc and use Linuzappz ISO plugin to read it.
Use DirectX 10 mode in GSdx and that should do it
yeah well atleast i made a suggestion mate.

i dont need to clarify anything, the user should know that if they've read the rules. Its also none of my business how people obtain such things nor do i care.

Maybe you should tell the user they need to make a copy of their own disc because otherwise its illegal.

Honestly you have an attitude problem. I try and offer some help and all i get is abused about piracy.