FFX Square button doesnt work in blitzball
Hello, im running ffx on the newest version of the emulator, game works fine, except sometimes analogs doesnt seem to work and i need to recalibrate. But that is ok. The problem is when i play blitzball i cant bring up the action menu(shoot, pass, drible). Only when i run into defense will it come up automaticly.
Im not a very experienced user with emulators, so please ask me for what information might be needed to solve my problem.
Thank you
Edit: I forgot to add, im playing on a sony usb controller, with motioninjoy. I can see the value of square when i test the device.

Sponsored links

Everybody here usually recommends not to use motionjoy and instead use this:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

So try that first.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-22-2013, 06:20 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Everybody here usually recommends not to use motionjoy and instead use this:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

So try that first.

I tried following this guide, got some issues with not being be able to run the script and decided to go back to motionjoy. Which i then have to do a system restore to make my controll work again, uinstalling didnt do shiit.
But the controll works fine with motionjoy, i just wondered if it was maybe a bug or something specific in ffx. since it works normaly in other games, and when recruiting people(which is also square button)
(10-23-2013, 12:48 AM)blasert Wrote: I tried following this guide, got some issues with not being be able to run the script and decided to go back to motionjoy. Which i then have to do a system restore to make my controll work again, uinstalling didnt do shiit.
But the controll works fine with motionjoy, i just wondered if it was maybe a bug or something specific in ffx. since it works normaly in other games, and when recruiting people(which is also square button)

Sorry it didn't work for you. TBH I've never used it myself(or motionjoy for that matter) but most people recommend what I did for PCSX2.

AFAIK there is no such glitch with FFX. For a workaround try this:

You can assign a PS2 button to more than one button in lilypad plugin. So try to assign square to a keyboard button as well as the ps3 square. See if it works with the keyboard button. If it does the motionjoy is likely at fault, if it doesn't, something about your config is doing it. A popular game like FFX and we would know about such a glitch I think. But try that with the keyboard.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I just use lilypad and my Logitech rumblepad 2 and never had problem with buttons not working, I had problem with buttons not work right when using those Xinput progams as such i never use them