FFX Thunder Plains
I have been browsing through and was wondering if anyone has found any edits, patches, etc. that will allow for a modification of the number of lightning bolts dodged in the thunder plains. I have seen several for the NTSC-J and PAL versions, but none for the US. If anyone has any info on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Sponsored links

if you have the PAL (english) address I can convert it, or at least try to..
Just let it strike by lighting .. because it won't do any damage to your character. Meanwhile, take the advantage to gain more time increase your AP.
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
(05-11-2009, 01:55 PM)nelsonz Wrote: Just let it strike by lighting .. because it won't do any damage to your character. Meanwhile, take the advantage to gain more time increase your AP.

i don't think that's the problem, i guess da9p5 wants to get the reward for dodging 200 lightning strikes in a row, right? if noone has got a patch code for your version (i only got the ger-pal version) you could either set your frame rate to something like 25-30 to make dodging easier or you could use the built in patch finder or a tool like artmoney to find the address yourself.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(05-11-2009, 02:37 PM)zero29 Wrote:
(05-11-2009, 01:55 PM)nelsonz Wrote: Just let it strike by lighting .. because it won't do any damage to your character. Meanwhile, take the advantage to gain more time increase your AP.

i don't think that's the problem, i guess da9p5 wants to get the reward for dodging 200 lightning strikes in a row, right? if noone has got a patch code for your version (i only got the ger-pal version) you could either set your frame rate to something like 25-30 to make dodging easier or you could use the built in patch finder or a tool like artmoney to find the address yourself.

well, I have both, so I could convert it if I had one of them
Hi Da9p5

Where did you see patches for lighting strikes??, i looked in the sticky & did a search but couldnt find anything. I need this too for the international version.

Thx
I know this post will probably annoy you, but it's a lot faster to simply dodge the 200 strikes than it is to get somebody to make the patch >_>
If your real problem is get the reward for dodging 200 lightning strikes in a row! So, I think it's not so hard to do, you should "youtube" and search for some kind of guide video that will introduce you the easiest way...
Addition, save states would help as well... I couldn't do it on PS2 console but on Pcsx2 so, easy one...!!!
After toying with many problems I finally figured out how to do it. First you go into your PCSX2 directory and look under patches. What you're looking for is BB3D833A.pnach where the BB3D833A is the CRC code for FFX NTSC-U version. Once you have found this (or created it if there is none) you can paste in the following code:
comment=test
gametitle=Final Fantasy X(U)
zerogs=203155E0
patch=1,EE,003166E0,word,000000C8

You can obviously change things like the comment and gametitle to whatever you have named yours, but the important part is the pnach code seen here. The next part is crucial, you load into the game and ensure that your terminal says that it loaded the pnach file. Once you're loaded in, save state (not save game) in a new slot, and go outside to see if the chest is there. If your pnach file is right, it will be there.

Now that you have saved state, exit out of the emulator completely. Now go back into your patches folder and rename the pnach file (I prefaced mine with deac- but it doesn't matter, as long as it's not the same name). The loader will tell you that the pnach file didn't load and continue loading the game as normal. Make sure you are on whatever slot you saved your state to, and load that state. Once this is done you should be able to loot the chest repeatedly and obtain the venus sigil.
bump~!
sry for bringing up such an old post..
but i've been googling alot for this:

Patch for Final Fantasy X PAL version, for the above cheat

i've been trying one, which from this forum too..
which is
patch=1,EE,003198d0,byte,000000C8
patch=1,EE,00b9e816,byte,000000C8
well, d outcome is, d book tht record my dodging events shows tht i dodged 200..
i opened d chest outside n it gaves me ether..

i tried searching for gameshark codes, too bad it crashed pcsx2..

so, anyone has the proper code for bypassing the dodging 200 times??
i jz wanna get tht venus sigil =x
thx alot alot alot!!!