FFX US : Can't get past "Auron : look"
I have viewed many of he save editors for Final Fantasy X US but they fail to have the one save I am looking for so it is possible could someone provide me a file that saves just after the fated "LOOK" scene between Auron and Tidus.  I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance from an aged senior who happens to love this game...

Sponsored links

(07-04-2018, 02:23 PM)TidusLen Wrote: I have viewed many of he save editors for Final Fantasy X US but they fail to have the one save I am looking for so it is possible could someone provide me a file that saves just after the fated "LOOK" scene between Auron and Tidus.  I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance from an aged senior who happens to love this game...

this issue can be solved differently.
Problem is if you use a swave to skip that part, you'll have other problems later in the game.

Just my 2 cent, though...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-04-2018, 02:28 PM)jesalvein Wrote: this issue can be solved differently.
Problem is if you use a swave to skip that part, you'll have other problems later in the game.

Just my 2 cent, though...

So my question to you would be what is the different way to solve the issue seeing I can't get past the ill fated "LOOK" scene as Tidus is behind Auron and can't be moved at all...
better make a separate thread, then.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
Well sorry to have bothered you... after all you were the one who suggested to approach from another way so to speak... never mind I will have to try someone who is willing to help not just make a general statement without having anything to back them up with... as I don't get your meaning as far as what you are saying.

So there it is thanks for the memories...
whoa. take it easy , kiddo... o_O
When i said "better make a seperate thread", i just made it for you so that support could be more efficient. (didn't you see your posts are now in another subforum ?)

I've been asking for the emulog because it'll contain everything we need to help you.
(07-04-2018, 04:36 PM)TidusLen Wrote: Well sorry to have bothered you... after all you were the one who suggested to approach from another way so to speak... never mind I will have to try someone who is willing to help not just make a general statement without having anything to back them up with... as I don't get your meaning as far as what you are saying.

So there it is thanks for the memories...

What settings are you using what version of pcsx2 etc and we'll help
(07-04-2018, 05:07 PM)weirdbeardgame Wrote: What settings are you using what version of pcsx2 etc and we'll help

I don't get it... honestly, and sorry about all this, you see this is a glitch in this version of FFX US... so all I want is like a "DEX" save that will put me just after the fight with sin on the highway and before Tidus is sucked up into sin. I don't need everything max'd out just a simple save that I have then import into my pcsx2 memory card. 

Okay settings:

Windows 10 64 bit ProWindows 10 64 bit Pro
Intel core i5-2410 @ 2.30 ghz
2.85 gb usable RAM

PCSX2 Version 1.4.0

BIOS:
USA Version 02.30 (20/2/2008)
Video:
D3D9 (Hardware)
Interlacing - Auto
Internal Resolution - 3x native
Texture Filtering - Bilinear PS2
Anisotropic Filtering - Off
CRC Hack Level - Full (Safest)
Logarithmic 2 and Alphacorrection are both checked off

Audio:
1 - Linear

System:
Backup before save and Automatic Gamefixes are both checked off

That I believe is what you are looking for; however, if there is an inherent problem with the iso and ultimately the dvd that was used to create the iso than I am not sure what all the above will solve. Remember it is the case of Tidus going behind Auron after Auron mouths "LOOK" and not being able to move him in any direction whatsoever that is the original reason to request a save for this.. 

Sorry that is my 70ish mind at work here... take care either way...

If at any point I stepped on anyone's toes (so to speak) I do apologize for that...
If you're just looking for save files, gamefaqs is typically the best shot. For Final Fantasy X in particular: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/197344...sy-x/saves

They have saves from various regions in different formats; mymc, the program used to merge saves onto PCSX2 memcards, supports almost every single one so pick whichever you like the most and there's a good chance you can merge it in.

The forementioned mymc program can be found here (the download links are towards the bottom of the page): http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/index.html

A final note, on Windows versions Vista and beyond, the mymc GUI will not run because DLL files MSVCR71.DLL and MSVCP71.DLL don't exist. You can still use the command line version, but if you've never touched a command prompt this may be a bit foreign and confusing. If you have an old Windows XP disc laying around you may be able to rip the DLL files out of it, but otherwise your options get dangerous and I wouldn't recommend downloading them from unofficial sources.
Never seen red pandas in fact missed seeing them when I was in Nanning for a year... Thanks for the assist....