FFX Used to Work...
Quote:did you have it on a bed or material surface? remember you need to keep laptops on a hard surface so air can vent underneath, else it will overheat

I am aware that it needs to be kept on a hard surface so no it was not on a soft surface. I keep it on a hard surface at all times.

Once again, thank you guys for your help.

Sponsored links

Keep in mind that SpeedStep doesn't really care about heat or power so much unless those things become critical. What it will do quite routinely on Dual/Quad core cpus is just up and decide not to up the mhz of your core because <75% of the total power of both cores is in use. SpeedStep figures if it's not used then no need to up the cpu clock for it. Translation: SpeedStep works in low-speed mode by default and only gives you full blast power when apps 'demand' it. Unfortunately most apps are single-threaded, or multithreaded in a way that doesn't trigger SpeedStep's booster. This happens a lot in Pcsx2 currently, because of the synchronization required between GS and EE emulation (the two threads of the emulator).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
I've experienced this before. Well kind of. FF12 won't run higher than 30fps. Its usually run at 50-60fps. I've tried everything and had no luck.

And then i noticed that my Graphic performance is dropping for some specific game (ie. Far Cry 2). I've tried to measured my card performance using 3dmark06, but it gave the usual result. No performance drop. But in a few games (as I said, Far Cry 2 and PCSX2) the graphic performance was definitely dropped.

I got a new card now, a Radeon 4830. Installed this new card and everything got back to speed. Still can't figure what is happening.

Sorry for not helping, as you can't change the graphic solution on a notebook Tongue