FFX Won't start up :(
This is what my settings are at the moment.

[Image: LrtI7.png]
[Image: WcTVh.png]

Windows 7 64 Bit.
Any ideas?

Sponsored links

Computer specs? Any other settings in PCSX2 like speedhacks or game fixes other than the forced IpuWaitHack? do you get any sound and no video or what?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

What exactly is the game doing? Do you get to the menu? Do you get any intro videos? Does the video window appear? It's these sorts of questions that you need to answer in your first post so that we can help you. "won't start up" doesn't tell us what's happening; it's a fairly ambiguous term.

From the log I see you've got IpuWaitHack enabled. Did you do this manually or did PCSX2 do it automatically? Try disabling that. Otherwise, I can't see any errors in the log. We need more info Sad

Clonkex
(10-03-2012, 10:54 AM)vzyx Wrote: Windows 7 64 Bit.
I use Win7pro_SP1_x64 myself, and I have no problem launching or playing the same US FFX release in PCSX2, though I normally prefer other releases, since the US release lacks all the additions to the game that were created for 'FFX International' (as released in Japan, Korea, and multiple European releases).

Even so, the US release should also work well with PCSX2, as verified by a short test I made just a few moments ago, without any problems at all.

Quote:Any ideas?
One thing which is clearly WRONG in your console window responses is the multiple disc detection near the end of the part you showed, followed by an odd comment about a Re-executed ELF entry point. None of that appears when I run the game, and several messages that I see immediately before the first disc detection message are missing from your listing. Stuff that looks like this:
Code:
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize User Memory ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Initialize Done.

EE DECI2 Manager version 0.06 Apr  7 2005 21:09:14
  CPUID=2e20, BoardID=0, ROMGEN=2006-0210, 32M

Some of these differences could of course be due to us using different PCSX2 versions (mine is a recent v1.1.0 beta), but I think the duplicate disc detections may indicate some real problem, either with your ISO file or with the CDVD plugin or its settings.

And that leads me to the only visible difference in plugin choices (apart from slight version number diffs), which is that you use the "Linuz Iso CDVD" plugin, whereas my CDVD plugin choice is "cdvdGigaherz", set to access "H:" which is a "Daemon Tools" virtual drive.

Note however that I don't always use that virtual drive, and didn't do so in this particular test. Instead I had PCSX2 configured to use "Iso" instead of "Plugin" in the "CDVD" dropdown menu in the main menu of the emulator.

With that setting you do NOT need any ISO-capable plugin to run games from ISO files, as the emulator has native support for this. You can then choose the ISO file to run either using the main menu's entry "CDVD" / "Iso Selector", or simply by invoking the emulator through a command line, with the ISO file path as its main argument. (That is what I do, using a collection of BAT files to also handle some game specific settings.)

Perhaps you too can get better results using PCSX2's native ISO support, rather than using the Linuz plugin for that purpose. It's worth trying anyway.

If it still fails, then I think we need to know more details about specific plugin settings (GSDX etc).

Best regards: dlanor
(10-03-2012, 01:09 PM)dlanor Wrote: One thing which is clearly WRONG in your console window responses is the multiple disc detection near the end of the part you showed, followed by an odd comment about a Re-executed ELF entry point. None of that appears when I run the game, and several messages that I see

This can happen if you use the Full Boot option rather than Fast Boot.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Are you using full boot? The log entries are kinda similar to what happens on my end if I use full boot (it just goes back to the PS2 browser).

Use fast boot instead if that is the case.

Edit: beaten to the punch!
(10-03-2012, 01:11 PM)refraction Wrote: This can happen if you use the Full Boot option rather than Fast Boot.
True, and in a new test I made I even tried the game using the same Linuz Iso plugin as the OP, and the game still runs fine here when loading the ISO through that. So my previous post was clearly 'off the mark', so to speak.

I'm now more inclined to suspect either that his ISO file was incorrectly made, or that his plugin settings contain something 'fatal' to this game's initialization. And of these two I lean more strongly towards the ISO file.

After all, some ISO imaging tools will extract only the ISO9660 file system from an original disc, and such an ISO will be useless for PS2 games. It must be done properly, so that the ISO file retains both the ISO9660 file system and the UDF file system. (Can easily be checked in IsoBuster.)

(10-03-2012, 11:10 AM)refraction Wrote: Computer specs? Any other settings in PCSX2 like speedhacks or game fixes other than the forced IpuWaitHack? do you get any sound and no video or what?
Computer specs :
6gb ram
intel core i7 960 @ 3.20gh
64b windows 7
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 1024 mb..
I get the standard playstation opening scene and this is how far I get before it goes and I lose both video/sound.
http://puu.sh/1bd69

I don't have any speedhacks or game fixes(disabled it now)

(10-03-2012, 12:34 PM)Clonkex Wrote: What exactly is the game doing? Do you get to the menu? Do you get any intro videos? Does the video window appear? It's these sorts of questions that you need to answer in your first post so that we can help you. "won't start up" doesn't tell us what's happening; it's a fairly ambiguous term.

From the log I see you've got IpuWaitHack enabled. Did you do this manually or did PCSX2 do it automatically? Try disabling that. Otherwise, I can't see any errors in the log. We need more info Sad

Clonkex

I get sound and video up until this intro video http://puu.sh/1bd69
From there it goes black and I get no FFX intro video or anything. And I disabled the Ipuwaithack from the gamefixes menu.

(10-03-2012, 01:09 PM)dlanor Wrote: I use Win7pro_SP1_x64 myself, and I have no problem launching or playing the same US FFX release in PCSX2, though I normally prefer other releases, since the US release lacks all the additions to the game that were created for 'FFX International' (as released in Japan, Korea, and multiple European releases).

Even so, the US release should also work well with PCSX2, as verified by a short test I made just a few moments ago, without any problems at all.

One thing which is clearly WRONG in your console window responses is the multiple disc detection near the end of the part you showed, followed by an odd comment about a Re-executed ELF entry point. None of that appears when I run the game, and several messages that I see immediately before the first disc detection message are missing from your listing. Stuff that looks like this:
Code:
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize User Memory ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Initialize Done.

EE DECI2 Manager version 0.06 Apr  7 2005 21:09:14
  CPUID=2e20, BoardID=0, ROMGEN=2006-0210, 32M

Some of these differences could of course be due to us using different PCSX2 versions (mine is a recent v1.1.0 beta), but I think the duplicate disc detections may indicate some real problem, either with your ISO file or with the CDVD plugin or its settings.

And that leads me to the only visible difference in plugin choices (apart from slight version number diffs), which is that you use the "Linuz Iso CDVD" plugin, whereas my CDVD plugin choice is "cdvdGigaherz", set to access "H:" which is a "Daemon Tools" virtual drive.

Note however that I don't always use that virtual drive, and didn't do so in this particular test. Instead I had PCSX2 configured to use "Iso" instead of "Plugin" in the "CDVD" dropdown menu in the main menu of the emulator.

With that setting you do NOT need any ISO-capable plugin to run games from ISO files, as the emulator has native support for this. You can then choose the ISO file to run either using the main menu's entry "CDVD" / "Iso Selector", or simply by invoking the emulator through a command line, with the ISO file path as its main argument. (That is what I do, using a collection of BAT files to also handle some game specific settings.)

Perhaps you too can get better results using PCSX2's native ISO support, rather than using the Linuz plugin for that purpose. It's worth trying anyway.

If it still fails, then I think we need to know more details about specific plugin settings (GSDX etc).

I'll give it a shot later tomorrow I'll get daemon tools and try both and see if I get any different results.

(10-03-2012, 01:11 PM)refraction Wrote: This can happen if you use the Full Boot option rather than Fast Boot.
When I use the fast boot option it doesn't even start any of the intro videos.

(10-03-2012, 01:13 PM)Eloris Wrote: Are you using full boot? The log entries are kinda similar to what happens on my end if I use full boot (it just goes back to the PS2 browser).

Use fast boot instead if that is the case.

Edit: beaten to the punch!

read above
(10-03-2012, 01:43 PM)dlanor Wrote: True, and in a new test I made I even tried the game using the same Linuz Iso plugin as the OP, and the game still runs fine here when loading the ISO through that. So my previous post was clearly 'off the mark', so to speak.

I'm now more inclined to suspect either that his ISO file was incorrectly made, or that his plugin settings contain something 'fatal' to this game's initialization. And of these two I lean more strongly towards the ISO file.

After all, some ISO imaging tools will extract only the ISO9660 file system from an original disc, and such an ISO will be useless for PS2 games. It must be done properly, so that the ISO file retains both the ISO9660 file system and the UDF file system. (Can easily be checked in IsoBuster.)

Could be the ISO truthfully...

heres a new log
[Image: BGbJm.png]
[Image: btMUO.png]