FFX a little slow on disk, iso is missing graphics
(12-14-2009, 03:43 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Are you by any chance trying to pass that spot with savestate?

What are your current PCSX2 and plugin settings?

UMMM..... I dont think I have messed with anyplugins, thats why I am here though. sorry If I am a little slow on the uptake Biggrin I dont know about "savestate" I kinda just winged figureing out FFXED, I didnt figure out MMX or ELF so I stopped messing with them.
Heres a pic of the config console. Thanks again!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(12-14-2009, 03:16 AM)andutrache Wrote: my guess is that you should replace the DVD drive . A [store] tlb miss appeared every time when i tried playing from DVD or making an iso with my old DVD-RW drive (which died a few weeks ago). It is commonly caused by read errors.

So you had the same error and replaced the dvd player and it stoped?

Is there anything else that could cause that error?
Instead of having PCSX2 read from an ISO or the original disc, how about giving Virtual CloneDrive a go. From my experience that's the only one that makes programs think they're reading from a real disk. I know I got to the mi'hen highroad without any problems (then I just got bored).
OHHHHHH........ this is just not working for me. Mouting the ISO didnt work either, I had to use the older (0.9.6) vs of psx because for some reason I cant point beta to a drive or the mounted ISO. I tryed it in 0.9.6 and it did the same thing and error'd my machine this time and shut its self down. I have no clue whats hapening and I am itching to play. Is there any way I can jump past this level? could it have anything to do with my charchters being mod'ed in FFXED? Please help a brother out.
Thanks
OK..... new DVD burner, brand new off the shelf LG. Made a new ISO and exact same thing. Any help? Could it be that I used FFXED before this point? I dont want to play over from the start just to get to here and have the same thing happen. Any help?
Thanks
(12-18-2009, 03:04 AM)splvolts Wrote: OK..... new DVD burner, brand new off the shelf LG. Made a new ISO and exact same thing. Any help? Could it be that I used FFXED before this point? I dont want to play over from the start just to get to here and have the same thing happen. Any help?
Thanks
Take your origanal ISO and use BZ compression. PCSX2 likes it! That should give a good read. Now.... keep playing around with the internal res. untill you find good speeds then work on looks such as final res., vsync and buffering. I've also had mixed results with speed hacks and CPU settings (frameskip vs. true form).
E5500 @ 3.6Ghz PNY DDR2 @850Mhz 5-5-5-14 ** GTS250 ECO @ 683/1674/1018
(12-18-2009, 04:53 AM)Nuke Wrote:
(12-18-2009, 03:04 AM)splvolts Wrote: OK..... new DVD burner, brand new off the shelf LG. Made a new ISO and exact same thing. Any help? Could it be that I used FFXED before this point? I dont want to play over from the start just to get to here and have the same thing happen. Any help?
Thanks
Take your origanal ISO and use BZ compression. PCSX2 likes it! That should give a good read. Now.... keep playing around with the internal res. untill you find good speeds then work on looks such as final res., vsync and buffering. I've also had mixed results with speed hacks and CPU settings (frameskip vs. true form).

I tried BZ andits the same thing, not sure what to do.
Do you have the noloop hack and z-buffer thing on in GDSX?

I'm not sure if it would help with your problem, but those two settings should be on when playing FFX anyway.

Edit: Have you tried using the latest stable version of PCSX2 instead of the beta?