FFX black polygons
(04-10-2010, 06:39 PM)Agito Wrote: I'm asking a friend to compile me a version. But how can I pick specifically the r2818 trunk source and not simply the most recent out there?

it don't has to be 2818 specifically, but watch that it's not 2822 or above, although from 2828 upwards it should be okay again (NOT tested by myself)

Sponsored links

I currently have 2828 and the black polygons problem is fixed. Two other issues.

The first is that this build, running on same settings, runs a bit slower compared to 1888. Could this be because it was compiled on SSE2 or is it something else? I had expected a slight speed up if anything.

Second issue is some black lines around text in the menus. Is this a known problem and unsolvable?
Solvable by ticking "native" probably :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Well, I discovered the reason of the sensible slowdown compared to official beta.

The reason is that the fix wants MicroVU enabed. On 1888 beta the speed is much better with MicroVU disabled and enabling/disabling it has no consequence beside the better speed. The SVN instead fixes the bug, but wants microVU, so slower.
A last question just game-related. Can this game support 16:9 or it's just 4:3?