FFX fps drop sometimes. (hiccups)
(07-21-2014, 06:40 AM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: You can change to Async mix in SPU2-X settings if the sound bothers you.

Thanks for the tip will try that :-)

Sponsored links

(07-21-2014, 12:34 AM)willkuer Wrote: please post your emulation settings by screenshots.

What happens if you alter texture filtering tickbox (in all of the three modes) and the "allow 8-bit textures"?

When i turned off 8-bit textures and the problem is better now Smile still got some fps drops but with the sound option it isnt as irritating. If anyone else has some thoughts about how to make it even better i would appreciate it Smile
Disable the preset and set the speedhacks one by one.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(07-21-2014, 07:03 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: Disable the preset and set the speedhacks one by one.

I have turned off every speed hack atm. Is there any options there i should consider using? (sorry if this is a dumb question)
Turn it on, then increase the slider one by one.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(07-21-2014, 07:16 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: Turn it on, then increase the slider one by one.

Sorry again, will the speed hacks do anything to the sudden fps drops? because the games never drops under 59 besides those times i have explaine. Sorry again if this is a dumb question, and thanks alot for the help.
If this slowdowns only occur during the first second of loading new content it is more or less known.

There are two possible explanations:
Either your HDD is really slow / fragmented and you just see the reading time or it is some (if I remember correctly) new stuff loading to the VU's (?) that is demanding. There was a Thread once by Blyss Sarania about that problem and if I remember correctly rama gave a satisfying answer.

You can test the first by creating a RAMDISK which has very small access times but most probably it is just the second scenario since your system seems to be quite new.

I think there is no fix to this issue until avih figured out how to preload upcomming content. And I think he is not working on this. Setting output mode to async-mix seems to be the only "solution".
Hi,

In your speedhacks settings turn the 2 sliders down to 1, then tick all the other speedhacks with the exception of the fast disc access.

very important you tick the MTVU multi cure hack, that should fix all your problems

In the Graphics settings, 3 x native is perfect for you, also tick the enable HW hacks and in the configure option select the agressive CRC . also your card will handle the MSAA option there about 4x, you get some bad menu txt now and then but the pay off for the graphics is worth it.

Hope that helps
(07-22-2014, 12:50 AM)willkuer Wrote: If this slowdowns only occur during the first second of loading new content it is more or less known.

There are two possible explanations:
Either your HDD is really slow / fragmented and you just see the reading time or it is some (if I remember correctly) new stuff loading to the VU's (?) that is demanding. There was a Thread once by Blyss Sarania about that problem and if I remember correctly rama gave a satisfying answer.

You can test the first by creating a RAMDISK which has very small access times but most probably it is just the second scenario since your system seems to be quite new.

I think there is no fix to this issue until avih figured out how to preload upcomming content. And I think he is not working on this. Setting output mode to async-mix seems to be the only "solution".

Hmmm it could be the first problem u mentioned, if i transfer the ISO file over to a SSD disk do u think the game will load new content faster?

thanks for the answer Smile

Edit:
Transfered the ISO file to a SSD there seem to be no FPS drop now what so ever. Thanks Laugh
(07-22-2014, 03:50 AM)chillins101 Wrote: Hi,

In your speedhacks settings turn the 2 sliders down to 1, then tick all the other speedhacks with the exception of the fast disc access.

very important you tick the MTVU multi cure hack, that should fix all your problems

In the Graphics settings, 3 x native is perfect for you, also tick the enable HW hacks and in the configure option select the agressive CRC . also your card will handle the MSAA option there about 4x, you get some bad menu txt now and then but the pay off for the graphics is worth it.

Hope that helps

Hi thanks! Now the problem is much less than i was when i started this thread its much more playable now. The MSAA option made corners of the window go crazy or something, but the other options made the game better or more playable
Thanks alot Smile