FFX freezing problem??
hi and thnx everyone reading. (sorry for my grumpy english)
i recently downloaded the pcsx2 emu and test it with my original FFx disc
when the game starts everything just working perfectly ! sound,video, etc
but during a game after 10-15 minutes i`m getting a freeze that won`t even let me control my PC its happening during battles or cutscenes, only a restart would work. no a+C+Del no nothing.
only reset.
i have checked to see if maybe direct x is not up-to date, but it is.
i`ve got a pretty powerful computer also.
my specs are:
core i7 960
12 gig of ddr3 ram
6970 HD graphic card..

help is much much much appreciated.

Sponsored links

IF your pc is crashing completely, that is more a sign of your pc being unstable or overheating, if i were you id check your temperatures with a program such as Speedfan and your GPU temperatures with a program such as GPU-Z
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-14-2011, 07:28 PM)refraction Wrote: IF your pc is crashing completely, that is more a sign of your pc being unstable or overheating, if i were you id check your temperatures with a program such as Speedfan and your GPU temperatures with a program such as GPU-Z
i don`t wanna be sound rude (thank you for your help again.)
that would be very strange see...
i`ve got a very good cooling solutions in my computer...
(he`s pretty new as well)
so i don`t think its something with my pc...

thnx again.
Software alone like PCSX2 cannot cause your PC to completely freeze. If you think it is not a hardware problem, it could be a driver issue, but it's not PCSX2.
Edit: Just to be sure, check your processor temperature while running PCSX2 with Coretemp
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Indeed, PCSX2 can be very demaning on the system, which could potentially cause the temperature to go higher than with any game you would normally play, so it's likely you wouldn't generally notice it.

(09-14-2011, 08:25 PM)Bositman Wrote: Software alone like PCSX2 cannot cause your PC to completely freeze. If you think it is not a hardware problem, it could be a driver issue, but it's not PCSX2.
Edit: Just to be sure, check your processor temperature while running PCSX2 with Coretemp

ok i have tested pcsx2 with coretemp, and temperature was normal during the freeze...any advice guys???-i`m hopeless):
what about graphics card temperature? voltages?

the gpu stats stands like this
temperature is 56.0*c steady
vddc offset runs between 0.8750-1.1750
and VDDC current %ocp 0.0% to 0.1%
is it normal?
hopes that helps.
help is much appreciated again.!
sorry i meant more your 12v rail voltages mainly ;p

List the specs of your power supply please Smile and did you buy your PC from a retailer or build it yourself?

To be honest this could be caused by several different hardware related issues, for example 'touchy' RAM can cause unexpected crashing and freezing as well. So just because your temps are normal doesn't mean that there isn't a hardware issue going on.
[Image: 1467117.png] ^_^