FFX game freeze
I currently use PCSX 0.9.8, playing Final Fantasy X. All was well until I reach Yuna's wedding (the FMV just after killing Boss Evrae.) The screen freeze and after 3 or 4 seconds the music turns off. I tried using bug fixes and change Gs but to no avail. Can someone please suggest me some advices? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

I have never heard of any crash at that scene before. I cannot guarantee anything but here are a few things you can try:
  • Turn off all speedhacks, frame skipping, and the like.
  • Use GSDX software mode.
  • Set EE/IOP Clamping Mode to Full and VUs Clamping Mode to Extra + Preserve Sign.
the FMV's are notorious for crashing if the disk has any faults, try re ripping the ISO if you have no luck with settings
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
(08-02-2012, 06:04 AM)Livy Wrote: I have never heard of any crash at that scene before. I cannot guarantee anything but here are a few things you can try:
  • Turn off all speedhacks, frame skipping, and the like.
  • Use GSDX software mode.
  • Set EE/IOP Clamping Mode to Full and VUs Clamping Mode to Extra + Preserve Sign.

I tried but it won't work. Sad(

Also if I up my save state (just before the freeze scene), could someone help me get over this FMV?
@I believe the DVD is fine, since my friend had no problem with it.
Don't upload the savestate. Upload the memory card instead. If the problem is from the savestate, it will appear on other computers as well. Besides, savestates are not compatible will all version of PCSX2 like the memcards do.
http://www.mediafire.com/?cafb2wr8bx4371p
Here is the memory card link (sorry I don't know how to extract single save, so I just upload the whole memory card).
Thanks in advance whoever can help me get pass the FMV.
first what version of the game are you using Livy may not have the same one ...
I'm using international PAL
PAL is EU version, while International is Japanese exclusive. Of course PAL version of FFX has the same content as the International.

I don't know if you use PAL or International version, but both my PAL-E disc (SCES-50490) and International disc (SLPS-25088) report that no data is found. Maybe you use any other PAL version rather than UK? Your FFX is French, German, Italian, Spainish version or something? Unsure
It's possible you can fix this by playing around with clamping or round modes.
Try to set EE and VU clamping to full and change the roundmode to smth else.