FFX music running WAY too fast
(07-29-2010, 03:27 PM)Viper Victorus Wrote: problem is non existent at lower clocks, I stated that in my original thread.

Since your using integrated sound it could be the motherboard bus speed or something... I'm not really sure but it's probably to do with the sound card and your overclock.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin

Sponsored links

The overclock is done thru the CPU multiplier, NOT the FSB, so it shouldn't be affecting other components.
Ah, I see. Nothing else has a difference in sound playback speed from the overclock? Just PCSX2?
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
(07-29-2010, 03:34 PM)Dangerousd777 Wrote: Ah, I see. Nothing else has a difference in sound playback speed from the overclock? Just PCSX2?

Yep, just PCSX2. The rest of the system behaves fine, and other emulators work fine as well.
Puzzling. You could try the IOP 2x cycle rate hack or the EE timing hack but I'm not really sure what it could be. You could even get Cheat Engine and try speedhacking PCSX2 to like 0.9x of it's normal speed if that helps...
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
Can you tell us which synchronizing method is being used?
Considering you didn't tell about some specific game and let's understand it happens only with PCSX2 and I don't have that issue and know not about similar...
Or you disabled the sound sync or this machine has a very special issue on itself.
Imagination is where we are truly real
infact thats a good point, are you using speedhacks?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]