FFX on this computer?
hello...

Quote:Studio 1537 : Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 (2.0GHz,800MHz,2MB)
Memory : 2048MB (2x1024) 800MHz DDR2 Dual Channel
Hard Drive 320GB SATA (5400rpm)
Graphics : 256 MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3450
Operating System : Czech Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (32Bit OS) with Recovery DVD

can this laptop run FFX on a decent frame rate? (i dont care about the gfx)

i hope it is not forbidden to ask question like this. ive been googling alot and been finding very different answers.

thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

Depends what you mean by decent,I'd say yes.
But it is always faster to try it yourself than asking...borrow the game or something and see how it performs
[Image: newsig.jpg]
i got the game and all. tryed to run it and stuff... but the game went extremely "laggy" on most of the screens.

im gonna play around with all the plugins and stuff. but i just wanted to know, if there is a chance, or if it doesnt matter what plugins i use, coz it wont get better anyway...
Well you should be able to squeeze some decent FPS from that laptop...first do not run it on batteries or battery saving mode.
Then,create an ISO of the disc so you don't get slowdowns when loading (thus after this use a iso reading plugin like linuzappz iso).Use GSdx v0.1.13 from our download section and use the DirectX 10 mode of the plugin (make sure you have updated your directx to the latest november update) and have the NLoop hack box grayed.
Finally,have MTGS and DC modes checked in Config->CPU
For more info,check the guide: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html
thanks alot. ill do exactly as u say.
I'll ask a question very similar. I've made an ISO of FFX but can't run it decently. Whenever there is a bit of actions (example, the starting cinematics) my FPS goes between 15 and 25. Here's my comp stats (I don't know much in comp so ask questions if I need to say more Tongue)

Pentium 4 2.3 GHz
1.9 Go Ram
about 120 Go hard drive
256 Mb ATI Sapphire HD 2600 XT
Windows XP professionnal edition

Is this enough to run the game?
Nope,that Pentium 4 just won't cut it,very slow for PCSX2.Check: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2331.html
Ok thanks, gonna go back to my PS1 games then Tongue