FFX running just a little slow
(10-27-2011, 09:13 PM)Livy Wrote: EE Cycle Rate: No (no speed gain using this)
VU Cycle Stealing: No (no speed gain using this)
MTVU: Enable (around 60% speedup)
All other speedhacks checkbox excluding CDVD hack: Enable (~20% speed boost)

Frame Skipping: No (causes graphics glitch if enabled)
GSDX Skip Draw hack: I do not remember exactly whether it is a checkbox or textfield. If it is a textfield, set it to 1. Otherwise check it. (fix the blur effect which is not noticeable on PS2 & TV but looks like crap on PCSX2)
Resolution: if you graphics card cannot withstand the Demi spell even at native res, use custom 720x720 resolution (thanks Retard for finding this).

Works like a charm on my crappy mobile Phenom II @ 2.0 Ghz.

At these settings I get a constant 35fps without fail regardless of what is happening, both in battle and out. When I turn the EE and VU back to max I get a constant 45 outside of battle and when actions take place it will occasionally drop to 30-35. EDIT: The only exception is cut scenes which continue to work just fine.

Sponsored links

Oops, I just read your spec.
Quote:Pentium Dual Core T4500 @2.3Ghz
3GB DDR3 Ram
Intel GMA 4500M (graphics card, integrated, not the best)

Your CPU is dual core so MTVU may not help much. My CPU is quadcore, and the framerate in the opening scene when the party gather around the fire increases from 35 to 55 FPS with it. Try to enable/disable it and see if there is any framerate increase.

Your graphics card is bad. Use custom 720x720 resolution minimizes the framedrop when Demi is cast, but I'm afraid it will hurt the framerate in most scenes compared to native res. Try and see what is best for your laptop.

On my laptop EE and VU hacks do not give any speed gain, only less smooth motion.

Btw I hate Acer/Asus/Lenovo laptops. Partly because I hate China good in general (I consider China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Singapore one), but mainly because their laptops has an ugly case, in exchange for lower cost. With $550 I can affort an Aspire with a Sandy Bridge i5 2430M, but I cannot think of what kind of Dell laptop I can get with just $550. Um, just my personal opinion.
Unfortunately toggling it doesn't seem to change it much at all I think it's just FUBAR as long as I have this laptop. I plan to get a new one early next year. Until then I think I'll just stick with my PS2 while continuing to fiddle with this. Thanks for the help though.
@Livy : Its a textbox Tongue2

Well, as said your card is your bottleneck. Use Native. EE to 2 and VU hack to 1 gives speedup on slower cpu's.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
nothing much can be done with that specs
but mine running this game constant 60fps in some places..
mostly 45-60fps..
quite fast for crappy laptop..
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
which version of emulator you are using?

PCSX2 0.9.9.r4918 - compiled on Sep 12 2011
????????????????????????????????????????????