FFX running slow on my Intel Core 2 Duo
Quote:Anyway unless the FPS rare is causing sync/crash/freeze problems there is no reason to limit them.

Why wouldnt you limit them? In almost every game there are times that fps will go outside of 60 fps (or 50fps for pal games) any higher and everything would appear to be in fast forward.

I suggest you turn it on, for better game experience.
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard

Sponsored links

(04-24-2010, 10:28 PM)TombOfRaiders Wrote: I've updated my Driver (Radeon X1600) and the game runs a lot better.

Now, I'll list my settings here for PCSX2, so if any of them need disabling or some need enabling you can point them out:

Graphics

800x600 75Hz
Direct 3D9 (Hardware)
Blend tff (slight blur, 1/2 fps)
4:3
Native
Texture Filtering
Logarithmic Z
Alpha Correction (FBA)
Windowed

CPU

GenuineIntel
Intel[R]Core[TM] Duo 2 CPU 6400 @
2128MHZ
MMX,SSE,SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3

EERec - EE/IOP Compiler
VC0rec
VC1rec
microVC0
microVC1
MTGS
Normal - All frames are rendered as fast as possible
Custom FPS Limit - 65

Speed Hacks

Use x1.5 Cycle Rate
Idle Loop Fast-Forward (Experimental)
VU Cycle Stealing - 1 from the left.
ESC Hack

Advanced

EE Recs
Chop/Zero
Clamp Mode - None
Flush to Zero

VU Recs
Same as EE Recs

PCSX2 Beta.r1888 - March 2010 Plugins

Graphics Card = ATI Radeon X1600 8.593.100.0

Another thing, when the screen fades to black (to load another area) the fps go sky high (400-500fps) and when I access the menu or the level up screen comes up, the fps double, how can I make it all the same all around?

well in some parts it will be slow.example when ifrit uses his strongest attack,so you can limit speed of game if you have problems for being too fast but I keep it normal.Enable idle loop fast foward because it's just for ff x . Smile Also you don't need Blend tff in ff x only in ff x-2. set it to none.
Thank You Guys for all your input and help. I now have just one final request.

I've corrected my settings to what you've all said. And it runs good.

Now, it runs over 100% normally almost all the time. Is there one setting I could turn off that would drop it down to around 100%?
Well set in config. cpu set frame limiting to limit.And if that doesn't slow it down start disabling speedhacks ONE BY ONE until you get desired speed.But in some parts game will get big slowdown,so you might often change settings depending where you are in the game
Ugh...I'm given a blank screen after Yuna's sending in Killka, the screen goes to black and you hear the sleep tune and then the screen just stays blank. Sad
(04-25-2010, 05:02 PM)TombOfRaiders Wrote: Ugh...I'm given a blank screen after Yuna's sending in Killka, the screen goes to black and you hear the sleep tune and then the screen just stays blank. Sad

I encountered that bug too, to fix it "Open the Advanced Configuration of PCSX2 and set both clamp modes to "Extra""
source: http://pcsx2.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X (pcsx2's wiki)
If you want a few more fps you need to reduce the resolution at native and that's it. Also if you overclock a little bit that processor, you will gain more fps Smile
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
There is no need to turn to native if you have much more fps than you want.Only if there are some graf. gliches