FFX's minor annoyances
I really like this game, and sadly the music and cinematics are somewhat lacking in quality. I did hear that Squaresoft games' music is hard to emulate, but does any configuration help it? The cinematics have lines on them and are quite low on resolution, though I'm running the game itself with much higher settings.

Using Gsdx SSE3 0.1.14 and SPU 2-X 1.1.0. Been playing with PCSX2 0.9.6 and tried beta once, but it had the same problems.

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored links

(03-07-2010, 08:29 PM)Kaitsu Wrote: The cinematics have lines on them and are quite low on resolution, though I'm running the game itself with much higher settings.

This is the problem exactly, run it with either native resolution or software mode (can switch to it while playing with F9) and you shouldn't have the lines. Also since the FMVs are pre-rendered there's not much that can be changed in quality while you emulate them.

What problem in the sound do you mean? Also what settings do you have? What PC specs?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
SPU2-X
Interpolation: 1 - Linear (Recommended)
Module: 1 - X-Audio 2 (Recommended)
latency 151 ms
(All boxes unchecked)

Gsdx
Res: 1680x1050
Renderer: Direct3d9 (hardware)
Shader: Pixel Shadow 3.0
Interlacing: None
Aspect Ratio: Stretch
D3D internal res: 1680x1050 (have occasionally ran with higher, but decided to keep at the real value of the screen)
(All boxes checked)

No speed hacks, no patches, all other things at defaults

Specs
---
CPU Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHz
RAM: 3.2 gb
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Video card: ATI Radeon 4800 series
And what is the problem with sound?
Most likely you're having music problems because you're not getting proper fps. Meaning at 40fps (instead of 50/60 whatever) you _will_ experience sound lagging/being distorted, something like that.
(03-08-2010, 12:29 AM)Cain Wrote: Most likely you're having music problems because you're not getting proper fps. Meaning at 40fps (instead of 50/60 whatever) you _will_ experience sound lagging/being distorted, something like that.

True, this would cause sound issues, but isn't Peops' sound plugin better for FFX, or was that issue resolved? When I tried playing FFX, the only way I could get proper sound was with that plugin.
Should work just fine with SPU2-X too, what problem did you get?