FFX sound problems with Aeons
Hi guys, im currently replaying FFX on pcsx. It runs perfectly and looks pretty awesome, but i have problems with the sound. It doenst bother me when it stucks a for a small second in cutscenes, but when it comes to any aoens it gets compleeeetly ***** over. Like slowed down by 600% when i summon it, or when it attacks...

any way to fix this?

ATI Radeon HD 55770
Intil i5 [email protected] Ghz Quad Core
6 GB RAM
Win 7

Sponsored links

(11-24-2013, 01:22 AM)sonti Wrote: Hi guys, im currently replaying FFX on pcsx. It runs perfectly and looks pretty awesome, but i have problems with the sound. It doenst bother me when it stucks a for a small second in cutscenes, but when it comes to any aoens it gets compleeeetly ***** over. Like slowed down by 600% when i summon it, or when it attacks...

any way to fix this?

ATI Radeon HD 55770
Intil i5 [email protected] Ghz Quad Core
6 GB RAM
Win 7

Are the FPS dropping and or the EE% and GS%(visible in the title bar) maxing out?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yes, there are huge FPS drops for the Aoen "cutszenes" whenever its their spells or their opening szene
(11-24-2013, 01:35 AM)sonti Wrote: Yes, there are huge FPS drops for the Aoen "cutszenes" whenever its their spells or their opening szene

It's normal for the sound to do that, then. The sound is locked to the framerate, so if the FPS slows down, the sound has to slow down.

You can try this:

Config -> Audio -> Plugin settings

Under synchronizing mode you can:

Set none, which means the audio will skip instead of slow down.

Set async mix, which means the audio will play at the right speed, but won't match the video.

Notice how it says "async mix can break games" so it might not even work. But that's about your only options, since the game is running slowly for you it will do that.

Are you using any speedhacks?
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Im not sure tbh LOL

heres what i did to make the game look a bit better:
[Image: 5rjlc.png]

http://puu.sh/5rjnZ.png

and thats all i did as far as i can remember
(11-24-2013, 01:45 AM)sonti Wrote: Im not sure tbh LOL

heres what i did to make the game look a bit better:
[Image: 5rjlc.png]

http://puu.sh/5rjnZ.png

and thats all i did as far as i can remember

First of all, use Direct3d 11, hardware, instead of 9.

Secondly, turn back your resolution. Try 1024x1024. It will look less sharp, but this may be what's causing your slowdown.

Thirdly, show me a screenshot of the "Speedhacks" tab.
Set it to direct3d11 and lower your resolution, but also you can follow the advice Blyss gave you.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-24-2013, 01:47 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: First of all, use Direct3d 11, hardware, instead of 9.

Secondly, turn back your resolution. Try 1024x1024. It will look less sharp, but this may be what's causing your slowdown.

Thirdly, show me a screenshot of the "Speedhacks" tab.

[Image: 5rjIA.png]

im pretty sure im not using them. i tried lowering the resolution and i will see if it helps tommorow, im kinda tired...

thanks for your help though guys Smile
Enable all of the recommended speed hacks plus MTVU.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-24-2013, 01:51 AM)sonti Wrote: [Image: 5rjIA.png]

im pretty sure im not using them. i tried lowering the resolution and i will see if it helps tommorow, im kinda tired...

thanks for your help though guys Smile

Enable them. Leave the default ones on, and also put a checkmark by the MTVU one. This will give you a big speed boost with your processor.

This should get you close to full speed.

(11-24-2013, 01:52 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Enable all of the recommended speed hacks plus MTVU.

You beat me! lol Tongue2