FFX2, KH1, KH2 configuration help on my laptop
First of all, it's great that PCSX2 exist, because my (actually, my brother's) PS2 broke down a year ago and thank you for the official Youtube guide because I'm not much of a techy guy.

Anyway, here's my laptop specs (yes, I know it's a laptop..)

[PC Information]
Model Name Toshiba Satellite P50t-A
OS Version Microsoft Windows 8 Single Language 6.2.9200
BIOS Version 1.10
CPU Intel® Core™ i7-3537U CPU @ 2.00GHz
Physical Memory 8192MB RAM
Video NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 Version=9.18.13.1141
Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080 Pixels
Color Quality True Color (32 Bit)
Sound IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Intel® Display Audio Version=6.14.0.3097

I get the impression (and some comments) that my laptop is powerful enough to play games decently at its worst.

My PCSX2 specs;

Direct3D11
MTVU enabled
Else is default
GSdx 5334 (AVX) ((video said it's the best so yeah)

Yet, I still got lag during some FFX2 battle (especially when there's multiple attack from one source), on NATIVE resolution..

Once it gets into 2x res, all of the normal battle seems to have a minor lag.

Any other way to improve the quality? Or is my laptop too weak, or that the emulator is seriously demanding.

Sponsored links

How did you get the bios without a working ps2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-16-2013, 09:31 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: How did you get the bios without a working ps2

MAYBE he had it dumped from a previous PS2(like I did when my last one tore up). I know we are all hardcore here about this, but let's at least assume good faith.

To OP:

FFX2 can be pretty demanding in the cutscenes... I dunno about battles.

Make sure your power plan is set to high performance, and you are plugged in.

Also, if it gets too hot, your laptop will turn down it's speed, this will slow you down too.

I don't know if AVX is best for intel, especially not that model. Try SSE 4.1

Your gonna be stuck on native with that GPU, most likely the memory interface is limiting you(I had a slower GPU but with dedicated memory and could 2x FFX, FF12, didn't try X2)

Your laptop should be okay in some games, but laptops in general are slower than desktops obviously.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-16-2013, 09:41 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: MAYBE he had it dumped from a previous PS2(like I did when my last one tore up). I know we are all hardcore here about this, but let's at least assume good faith.

I know what you mean on this because well thats actually what happened to me. I dropped mine while carrying it downstairs. I didn't think it would work so I downloaded the PCSX2 but I didn't have the dang bios files. THANKFULLY I mangaged to jumpstart it with a pair of scissors. I dumped the bios files before trying to rebuild the thing as best as i could. A coupld of days later I fried the motherboard. Obviously I still have my ps2 because without it I wouldn't be able to use the BIOS legally anymore.

TO the op:

If you got the BIOS files legally then I am completely sorry it's just I have seen a lot of threads closed because people illegaly obtain it. Also, what are your gs and ee values when you experience this lag.
(11-16-2013, 09:41 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: MAYBE he had it dumped from a previous PS2(like I did when my last one tore up). I know we are all hardcore here about this, but let's at least assume good faith.

To OP:

FFX2 can be pretty demanding in the cutscenes... I dunno about battles.

Make sure your power plan is set to high performance, and you are plugged in.

Also, if it gets too hot, your laptop will turn down it's speed, this will slow you down too.

I don't know if AVX is best for intel, especially not that model. Try SSE 4.1

Your gonna be stuck on native with that GPU, most likely the memory interface is limiting you(I had a slower GPU but with dedicated memory and could 2x FFX, FF12, didn't try X2)

Your laptop should be okay in some games, but laptops in general are slower than desktops obviously.

Thanks. My brother got the BIOS file for me. He's a pretty techy guy so yeah.

Sigh. I didn't expect that the emulator would be so demanding pre-laptop buying (not that I bought the laptop solely for that Tongue2).

I'll try SSE4.1

(11-16-2013, 10:04 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Also, what are your gs and ee values when you experience this lag.

Where can I check that? Is it the setting?
its the little percenteges at the top of the window when your playing a game.