FFXED problems with MYMC
(01-31-2013, 12:13 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: For anyone who stumbles upon this topic in the future, the solution was to put FFXED.jar in a non read-only directory.
Just before answering the previous post I tested FFXED (for had not used it since before reinstalling windows and got similar situation than reported on OP, just I lacked the VC runtime and then MyMC did not run. The issue is not reported on message from the editor other than no FFX save was found on the memcard, what is confusing when is known there are saves in there.

Then I want to add to your advise to people not installing "anything" under C:\Program files for the "security" on Windows is each day (read each update) more tight (and nothing better by the way) and on Windows 8 even C: became tabu.

Installing games or applications in general at those "specially protected" folders is asking for issues related to access rights of all kind and degree of weirdness.

In time: The way Windows treats "inheritances" related to how an application calls plugins or another application is confuse and sometimes hard to foresee how Windows deemed the called application is trying to take over (invade the machine) and silently blocks resources access to it.

PS: The old trick of taking over (making yourself owner) of a directory may backfire hardly on the newest Windows and may put the whole system in inconsistent state, don't try it on folders inside the windows structure.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links