FFXED problems with MYMC
Sad 
Hello!

okay, so i downloaded MYMC, extracted it to its current folder, and extracted the library.

i then downloaded the 2 missing DLL files when i rather abruptly found out it wasnt opening.

i then downloaded FFXED, saved it to its appropriate folder, left that there for a while.

played through FFX until the first save point which is on the zanarkand highway with auron just before the first mini boss battle.

i opened MYMC, loaded MC 1, it opened, everything works fine and dandy.

i opened FFXED, clicked load file, clicked MC1 "please locate "mymc.exe"

i navigated to it, opened it, then was greeted with the message "problem accessing mymc.exe

the only way ive seemingly managed to use an FFXED edited load so far is to delete the original and then import the FFXED version, but when i save, it gets saved over.

am i just being fussy, or am i doing it wrong? if it comes to the point that i have to actually do this every time i want to boost stats or change equipment or whatever then okay i wont mind doing it for a while, but im fairly sure that its not intended to be used this way :L either that or like i said im just fussy. thanks for the help!

Sponsored links

I don't think you're supposed to have mymc also loaded with the memcard. Just close everything else and only use FFXED
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-30-2013, 01:40 AM)Bositman Wrote: I don't think you're supposed to have mymc also loaded with the memcard. Just close everything else and only use FFXED

A fine point, however incorrect. FFXED wont open mymc.exe no matter whats open. as soon as i click "mymc.exe" when trying to open it through FFXED, regardless of if anything related is open or not, it just comes up with the above stated error message Sad
The first step is to extract that particular FFX save using MyMC. That creates (or...extracts) your separate file called SLUS20312???????.psu file in the same directory. Then you use FFXED on the SLUS20312 file to modify it to your heart's content. To re-import it onto your memory card, you will have to delete (inside MyMC) the original file you exported in the first place, then import your modified file. If you forget to delete the original save MyMC won't import anything due to having the same exact ID and file number.

What it sounds like is that you open FFXED, then open MyMC inside FFXED. This is not correct and therefore will not work.
(01-30-2013, 04:10 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: The first step is to extract that particular FFX save using MyMC. That creates (or...extracts) your separate file called SLUS20312???????.psu file in the same directory. Then you use FFXED on the SLUS20312 file to modify it to your heart's content. To re-import it onto your memory card, you will have to delete (inside MyMC) the original file you exported in the first place, then import your modified file. If you forget to delete the original save MyMC won't import anything due to having the same exact ID and file number.

What it sounds like is that you open FFXED, then open MyMC inside FFXED. This is not correct and therefore will not work.

thats what ive been doing as a fall back coping method as opposed to trying to follow what the instructions said from the thread i downloaded from, not to mention that FFXED specifically asks for the mymc.exe and not the .psu.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXED-Fin...rd-support <--- forum of instructions!

the uploader also specifically and continuously states memory cards, and not memory files. both methods of editing files makes sense, but it seems like it would be a monumental amount easier to be able to edit THROUGH the memory card as opposed to around it Tongue

however, it does seem implausible that a java script would be able to open an .exe but would it be worth just PM fuzzymillipede (uploader) and asking him personally? or is it worth just discussing it all out on here?

thanks to you guys for taking the time to help this far!
To me, sometimes the hard way with a couple extra steps is easier in the long run. Tongue

Also, fuzzymillipede still is active on the forums so more people would benefit from open communication on the forums. Just go to the FFXED thread and post any concerns there.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXED-Fin...rd-support
i think i might just do that Smile thanks a bunch!
Yea what is happening here is something went wrong when FFXED tried to execute mymc.exe. It is either a problem with FFXED, mymc.exe, or the guy's operating system which is preventing FFXED from running mymc. All I can say is it works for most people and I will work with this guy to try and resolve the issue.
If you are using a new version of FFXEditor you just need to click the actual memcard... don't extract anything by yourself. MyMC is stubborn and may refuse to load a save into the memcard if there is one already in the given slot.

So, for clearness sake, delete all exported files you are not using anymore.

Of course I suppose you can open MyMC normally and does have it's path on FFXED. If that path is not correct the program will fail to see any save (in any memory card) without a guiding error message, just tell there is no saves there.

One way to be sure is deleting the ini file and letting the editor rebuilding it. Do point to mymc.exe and not mymcgui.exe.
Imagination is where we are truly real
For anyone who stumbles upon this topic in the future, the solution was to put FFXED.jar in a non read-only directory.