FFXII Best Settings For Mac Users FPS
(04-17-2011, 06:41 AM)mubbsy Wrote: Are you on snow leopard? If so i have found the ZZ Ogl PG 0.1.0 graphic plugin has better results (available on the pcsx2/mac downloads page if you don't have it).
I added pics of everything that should be relevant to it. If i don't have a pic of it, its probably at default and unchecked.
And i usually play around with the Anti-Aliasing, interlacing and Bi-Linear Filtering in game depending on what part i'm in and how intensive it is on the system. I have it set at the fastest possible in my screenshots.
Hope it helps you.
Also, im not sure if in the advanced settings if the Round Modes being changed from from Zero and Chop/Zero to Nearest had an impact on the performance, or if i was just playing around with it and forgot to change it back. **edit** just tried changing them and if there was a change in fps it was only .5-1 increase when on zero. nothing worth noting. And i think the game looks a little better with it set to Nearest; the edges seem more natural and less jagged. Also, i tried putting on the 3 top speed hacks and it did seem to raise the fps a bit but the fps rate was less stable and the variance in fps speeds was a bit annoying. Usually i can get 48-55ish fps in most cities except super crowded areas and pretty much always 60fps if im out on the map or in close quarters.**
And for FFX i use the same thing but with the first 3 speed hacks checked. Although until 0.9.7 i can't get past the white screen after the blitzball movie scene, but it gives decent fps for FFX.

I configured everything like mentioned above but my sound is skipping and also has a slight delay.

Any idea?
Could this be because I have a Hackintosh?

Sponsored links

(06-21-2012, 07:26 PM)DragonZeal Wrote: I configured everything like mentioned above but my sound is skipping and also has a slight delay.

Any idea?
Could this be because I have a Hackintosh?

Possible, but not likely. You see, the sound plugin is also lacking on Mac OS X
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
(06-22-2012, 03:41 AM)Kaze Wrote: Possible, but not likely. You see, the sound plugin is also lacking on Mac OS X

Well I reinstalled everything with the latest quartz, Nvidia toolkit.
The delay when I move the cursor is fine but the sound skipping during cutscenes is too much.
One of the reasons you play FF is for their* cutscenes. *(changed typo there)

Hopefully a new version will change all that.
But in the meanwhile I'm going to play it on my Windows partition.
There everything works by default.
hi there.
I'm pretty new to emulators but i really felt like playing FFX but i can't on my ps3 so i got one for my mac.

It runs okayish but not great but i don't really understand the anti aliasing the interlace or bi-linear filtering really.

I'm just at the part at the very start of the game at the ruins of zanarkand.. So it's not crowded etc, i copied your settings and it runs at 50-60 sometimes but a lot of the time it is dropping to 30/40 or sometimes even 25.

Is there anyway to make it run consistently smooth or anything i haven't done?

My macbook pro is quite an old one, a 2008 15" model.

I can post screens if that would help, I'm just after any kind of help or advice!

Thanks in advance
(04-17-2011, 06:41 AM)mubbsy Wrote: Are you on snow leopard? If so i have found the ZZ Ogl PG 0.1.0 graphic plugin has better results (available on the pcsx2/mac downloads page if you don't have it).
I added pics of everything that should be relevant to it. If i don't have a pic of it, its probably at default and unchecked.
And i usually play around with the Anti-Aliasing, interlacing and Bi-Linear Filtering in game depending on what part i'm in and how intensive it is on the system. I have it set at the fastest possible in my screenshots.
Hope it helps you.
Also, im not sure if in the advanced settings if the Round Modes being changed from from Zero and Chop/Zero to Nearest had an impact on the performance, or if i was just playing around with it and forgot to change it back. **edit** just tried changing them and if there was a change in fps it was only .5-1 increase when on zero. nothing worth noting. And i think the game looks a little better with it set to Nearest; the edges seem more natural and less jagged. Also, i tried putting on the 3 top speed hacks and it did seem to raise the fps a bit but the fps rate was less stable and the variance in fps speeds was a bit annoying. Usually i can get 48-55ish fps in most cities except super crowded areas and pretty much always 60fps if im out on the map or in close quarters.**
And for FFX i use the same thing but with the first 3 speed hacks checked. Although until 0.9.7 i can't get past the white screen after the blitzball movie scene, but it gives decent fps for FFX.

Thanks for posting the screenshots, you helped me a lot  Biggrin