FFXII Config
Hi there,

i've some little probs to find the best config to run FFXII (during cinematic my fps is lower than 50...), i've try some changes but i want to play with the best conditions.

thanks

Here my config

Sponsored links

lowering internal D3D res.
I have a pretty high end system and emulation starts dropping frames from 1366 upwards.

anyhow, why would you render at a higher resolution than the display???

Also, using speed hacks might help. 'Find the best config in the screenshot thread.
I tried to check native option but graphics of the game are very poor with this option. I think in much higher resolutions making the graphics more detailed.
You can have graphics or performance, also, try updating to the latest beta and plugins.
[Image: hah.jpg]
(09-13-2009, 05:07 PM)TheKeef Wrote: You can have graphics or performance, also, try updating to the latest beta and plugins.

Ok I've update to the beta, apply my config and all works very well ! I stay at 60fps in cinematics with 1920 x 1600 D3D It's so beautiful

Thanks ! ^^
(09-13-2009, 04:33 PM)NoZart Wrote: anyhow, why would you render at a higher resolution than the display???

setting the internal resolution to higher values than your display resolution will apply a super sampling anti aliasing filter to the graphics, although the difference between 1920x1080 and 1920x1600 won't be really noticable. there is also an option for multi sampling anti aliasing in the newer gsdx revisions, just add "msaa=x" to its ini file, where x can be 0, 2, 4, 8 e.g. (higher values or even fractions are possible, too afaik).
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(09-13-2009, 07:50 PM)zero29 Wrote: there is also an option for multi sampling anti aliasing in the newer gsdx revisions, just add "msaa=x" to its ini file, where x can be 0, 2, 4, 8 e.g.

That's what I did to get better graphics but it is currently bugged and causes an important memory leak, don't use it until it's fixed.
(see here http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-9523-post...l#pid75789 )