[FFXII] Cutting my wrists with a butter knife. Going to pass out. Help!!
Wow thanks for all the replies.
Yes guys, I am running windows on a mac using bootcamp, so it should work like native windows.
I am using the MTVU speedhack.

Laraul: Basically there is a system called BootCamp, where you partition the hard disk, and install windows on a NTFS partition on a mac, and a software called BootCamp manages drivers and allows you to use the mac keyboard etc. This is all official apple stuff, not some kind of hack. So it should run just like a normal windows thing, but I'm thinking maybe there's an issue with drivers... so I'll try it natively on OSX and see if that works.

Sponsored links

PCSX2 on OSX is not going to work out well. Basically we're happy it runs at all on this.
I do remember reading Apple Bootcamp having some problems where you don't *really* run Windows natively.
Maybe you should investigate if you get the actual expected (Windows) performance from your hardware.
Try enabling 8-bit Textures, in DX11 Mode on High Performance power profile. When it is disabled I have horrible slowdown on my laptop, i5-2410M CPU connected to a desktop GTX 460. It is exactly the opposite on Integrated Graphics; I need 8-bit Textures disabled on integrated graphics for any kind of good FPS.
(01-25-2013, 12:11 AM)rama Wrote: PCSX2 on OSX is not going to work out well. Basically we're happy it runs at all on this.
I do remember reading Apple Bootcamp having some problems where you don't *really* run Windows natively.
Maybe you should investigate if you get the actual expected (Windows) performance from your hardware.

Yeah PCSX2 on OSX didn't work out well at all. Barely got it to start up.

:/

Yeah I'll try it with 8-bit enabled.
(01-24-2013, 08:33 PM)SkullTraill Wrote: Wow thanks for all the replies.zLaraul: Basically there is a system called BootCamp, where you partition the hard disk, and install windows on a NTFS partition on a mac, and a software called BootCamp manages drivers and allows you to use the mac keyboard etc. This is all official apple stuff, not some kind of hack. So it should run just like a normal windows thing, but I'm thinking maybe there's an issue with drivers... so I'll try it natively on OSX and see if that works.

LOL! I use a Mac myself with boot camp "installed". I have run PCSX2 from Windows on my Mac without any problems.