[FFXII] Cutting my wrists with a butter knife. Going to pass out. Help!!
OK guys, I really really really want to play FF XII. I do not have enough money to buy a PS2 (I own one but it doesn't read discs it's really olde.)

Seriously I am ripping my hair out. I really want to play it. It's the only game I want to play and I want to play it.

The problem is, it runs really slow FPS? Like during most of the cutscenes it's 20-30FPS, and during other times it's 40-50 (NTSC). My laptop has good specs, it's a 15" MacBook Pro with Windows 7 installed. And because of this slow FPS the sound doesn't sound good and it is unplayable.

Here are my specs:
[Image: frflOJi.png]
[Image: YFV5xJl.png]

In my Emulation Settings, it's on preset 3.

My graphics settings are as follows (it's the AVX version of the plugin).
[Image: ufnjXYv.png]

Please help me Sad Will it be better to switch to v0.9.6? I have seen people playing FFXII on that without any problems...?

Sponsored links

First calm down Tongue2
- Set your GSdx to DX10 (or DX11) hardware rendering. Keep "Texture filtering" in the half enabled state.
- In PCSX2's config, find the preset slider and put it to level 3.
I have already tried that, and tried it again but it still didn't work! Sad
[Image: i9bH2ae.png]
No way the FMV's are getting EE at 99% at this cpu, they're very light(edit for sanity: IN THIS GAME) and run fine even on worser amd cpu's, you most likely play on battery or have power saving mode turned on. Just set your windows power profile/setting to performance and it should be ok.
(01-23-2013, 10:09 PM)SkullTraill Wrote: Please help me Sad Will it be better to switch to v0.9.6? I have seen people playing FFXII on that without any problems...?
Trust me ,i want to help you Smile
But your Windows running on MAC , in this section of forum usually users with PC.
You can use PCSX2 on native operating system?
Yes this game not very demanding and can be played on your specs w/o problems.
Work like a charm on my crappy laptop at native res. The 6750M could handle that game at 4x native res I wager.
Hmm wasnt there an issue with running windows via parrelle or however thats spelt with apps on windows not being to fully access the hardware because of the way things are done between windows and OSX becuase of the way parrelle works or something to that effect?
What they using?Boot camp? I know nothing about MAC Smile
Probably if this question will be asked in MAC forum ,may be more views and more assistance..
(01-24-2013, 05:16 AM)oOCrazyGamerOo Wrote: What they using?Boot camp? I know nothing about MAC Smile
Probably if this question will be asked in MAC forum ,may be more views and more assistance..

This isn't a MacOS X question. This is a Windows issue. The OP is running Windows natively. It runs exactly the same as on any PC.

The window border in the screenshot shows the EE (the PS2 CPU) and not the GPU that's at capacity. I would need to know a little more about your Windows install and how you are running PCSX2 to offer any suggestion.
make sure you have your windows power plan set to High Performance, also try using the MTVU speedhack.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]