FFXII: Extremely Low fps issue
(01-12-2013, 12:06 PM)Bositman Wrote: Hm try installing this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8328

Although keep in mind your graphics card is really old and could be the problem here
I have that actually! Whatever it is, didn't help much with the problem =/
Yeah, you're definitely right. It's a pretty old computer.

(01-12-2013, 01:16 PM)refraction Wrote: Also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date

Hmmmm! That sounds promising. How do I check that? :o

Sponsored links

Ouch you are using a weak Radeon X300 series GPU. Try running games in native and seeing if the FPS increases. ANd what are the rest of your specs anyways?
(01-13-2013, 05:56 AM)Topken Wrote: Ouch you are using a weak Radeon X300 series GPU. Try running games in native and seeing if the FPS increases. ANd what are the rest of your specs anyways?

Well, I don't know most things about my computer. I know it's windows XP, 2.999 ghz, Intel Pentium D processor, but as for the rest of it, I'm clueless. I found a way to make it manageable by playing around with settings, but my fps still plummets to 7-15 from time to time. I guess the general consensus is blaming my outdated graphics card.

I am currently running it on native, it did help! Enabling frame skipping helped as well even though most things I've read advised against it. But the detailed backgrounds, specifically if lights are involved are still somewhat of a problem.
That whole system is far outdated thats why your fps is so low. Pentium Ds are right after the Pentium 4s so yeah that is several generations old.

See first post in this thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer
(01-13-2013, 02:17 PM)Topken Wrote: That whole system is far outdated thats why your fps is so low. Pentium Ds are right after the Pentium 4s so yeah that is several generations old.

See first post in this thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer

Really picking on my computer there, my friend. I get it, it's old. I'd get a new one if I could afford it.
Yeah, I've looked at it. It's not in the worst group. Soo whatever.
I know my computer is old and is causing PCSX2 to run slowly, but the question is what, if anything, can be done to make it run faster.
I guess you could try overclocking the cpu, but anything you do will just be turd polishing im afraid..
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

FF 12 is a rough game to run. Especially the menus. Dual core at least. X series video cards are not going to be packing the power needed to play FF 12. You won't be able to get the game to run at a good 60 FPS. You can build my comp for 400-500 dollars...
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

Ahhh well, I see! Thanks for all the help everyone!