FFXII/FFXII IZJS Editor - rich SaveGame/Memory Editor for FF XII (+IZJS)
First, I'd love to know if this error in the patch is going to be fixed anytime soon.

Just wanna save ffgriever from answering the dozen or so posts about this issue with 'playable judges' and other characters.
The way that programming works means that typically when a model in a game is made, it is tied to a skeleton and animation set. That's why you can't use any weapon other than a GreatSword for Vossler, because the skeletal animation of his model is tied to GreatSwords only.

Devs tend to do the minimal work needed to get things working. Why bother animating what will never be normally possible?
We could *manually* add in the animations, but that would require extensive modding and beyond the scope of this project.

As you can see in the video in that previous post, the framerate and animation quality on that model is extremely poor. Also it was exported into a more universal format and then imported into CounterStrike, so the model suffered a good bit of quality degredation when doing all these conversions. Sometimes you can avoid it but more often than not, that's what happens.

If your changes aren't applying, then make sure that both the trainer and PCSX2 are being 'run as administrator'.

Sponsored links

@darkwraith007 I think you're confusing this thread for something it isn't, because it's about save editor/trainer not editing game files or english patch of IZJS. FFgriever is an author of that patch and he doesn't seem to visit pcsx2 forums at all(or at least never saw him active here), so this is like one of the worst places to gain his attention towards any patch related problems ~ if he's even still working on it, through he's still active from time to time in patch release thread.
(10-05-2013, 05:18 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: First, I'd love to know if this error in the patch is going to be fixed anytime soon.

Just wanna save ffgriever from answering the dozen or so posts about this issue with 'playable judges' and other characters.
The way that programming works means that typically when a model in a game is made, it is tied to a skeleton and animation set. That's why you can't use any weapon other than a GreatSword for Vossler, because the skeletal animation of his model is tied to GreatSwords only.

Devs tend to do the minimal work needed to get things working. Why bother animating what will never be normally possible?
We could *manually* add in the animations, but that would require extensive modding and beyond the scope of this project.

As you can see in the video in that previous post, the framerate and animation quality on that model is extremely poor. Also it was exported into a more universal format and then imported into CounterStrike, so the model suffered a good bit of quality degredation when doing all these conversions. Sometimes you can avoid it but more often than not, that's what happens.

If your changes aren't applying, then make sure that both the trainer and PCSX2 are being 'run as administrator'.

I'm not using PCSX2. I am editing the save files using the trainer and putting them back on the PS2 memory card via ARMax.
Hi. I just used pcsx2 and i'm here to ask a question. when i use a raw save(My mem. card) the editor says "This is not a FFXII save file" i already used MYMC and edited my save but idk how to put the save file into my memcard. anyone help?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

wow need to try it.
If I swap in Dark Suit Basch, it will just be the temporary guest character forced into the party, right? Also, can you put guests in as main characters (like play as Larsa?)

What I'm really wanting to do is play a game as Dark Suit (or Topless lol) Basch, but I want to be able to assign him licenses and everything as if he were regular Basch.

But it seems like this editor doesn't do model swaps. Is it possible to swap models, or perhaps does Dark Suit Bash count as regular Basch anyway? If this editor can't do it, is there a way to do so?

I don't know the first thing about editing game saves or hacking or anything so I have no idea how to do this myself Sad

I did test out the editor just now... swapped Dark Suit Basch in for Vaan immediately after defeating the Rogue Tomato but before returning to the inside of Rabanastre's gates... when I walked back outside, I had DS Basch and not Vaan, but I could only rotate the camera and could not control the game otherwise. It also seemed like it didn't spawn any enemies (but I might have just not been far enough into the sands to spawn any since I was stuck in place at the entrance)

I'm guessing this is because I swapped him in "too early" or because he's not meant to be a main character?
I put DS Basch in at a later point in the game (after he joins permanently with just Vaan). It swapped out Basch for Basch, but the DS Basch is indeed just the guest version and doesn't count as regular Basch Sad

I guess I could wait until I've maxed regular Basch's licenses, then just swap DS Basch in... but I don't really want to do it that way. Especially since I'm wanting to do this for the whole playthrough so I'd miss out on all the time before getting the licenses, plus I'd have to constantly edit the save when I wanted to change equips... It also seems like managing the party would be quite annoying since I like to rotate characters very frequently (and guests don't work properly with this)

If anyone knows how to simply swap models, please let me know.
Hello I keep trying to download your save editor but it stops at 145kp and does not move any more I try 10 times.
ApolloTheDragon
Processor: 4.4 GHz
RAM: 8.00GB
Ststem Type: Windows 8 Home 64 Bit
Display Adapters: AMD Radeon HD 6450
Hi _DTG_,
thanks for the editor, it's cool and amazing!
will you continue to update the function of the editor?
e.g. Judges usable, the gambits of guest can truly activate all functions, or main members can be a guest with no error...etc.
It may not be easy to add these functions, but I still expect your work.Smile
Hi everyone!

I'm having an issue with this editor. I'm running the game as administrator on PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350, the one I always used for IZJS), load my save, launch the editor as admin.. and then the game freezes.
I can still hear the sounds, and my character moving, but the display is frozen.
I'm able to see the data in the editor tough, could anyone help me with this issue?
Thx.
Looks like good work anyway, can't wait to try it Laugh cheers