FFXII Freezes When 'Cure' is Cast
So I've been tinkering around with PCSX2 and finally stabalized the FPS to 60 in most areas except in busy towns/areas (including the infamous Giza Plains) where it works around 40-50 FPS. I have two save files, one that I've been cheating on, and one that I started from the beginning without a cheat file (the cheat file needs to be removed/inserted for me to access the other save file).

Moving on to the point, when I tried casting Cure in the cheat save, it froze. Then running the non-cheat file, it froze as well. I'm currently just entering the Garasythe (sp?) Waterway for reference, though the freeze happens in Giza and Estersand as well. Any help would be appreciated.

I've tried turning on/off the speedhacks, trying 'extra/presign' in EE/VU, and even tried redoing my hard copy of PS2 to see if my backed up copy was broken somehow. Any help would be appreciated, and I can provide my computer specs if needed.

P.S. According to the log, nothing registers when this happens, and nothing seems to be wrong when reading the log, but I can provide that too if needed.
System Specs:
ATI Radeon HD 5750
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) SDRAM DDR3 1600
W.D. 1TB HDD

PCSX2 Specs:
PCSX2 v1.2.1
GSDX 5875
Lily Pad
SPU-X r5830 2.0
Linux ISO CDDVD

Sponsored links

If you are using some patch file, then disable them. Change the Clamp Mode to FULL.

Does this thing happens in a new memcard?
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Isn't this that issue with that known to be faulty Pirated disk?
All files I'm using (the cheat file in question aside) came with the program (I'm using v9.8). I tried clamp mode on full, as well as a new memcard with the same result (and a much slower framerate to boot). And no, I can assure you my copy is from an original FF playstation game (which I have next to me at the moment) which I forgot to mention is the Collector's Edition if that has any bearing on this issue. If you're saying that there was a simliar issue, then can you give me the link on how they solved it? I'm getting pretty frustrated that after tinkering with the settings for this emulator for 2 days, I thought I finally had a working game to play...

I'm posting the log at the point where my screen is frozen in case you see something I don't, but from the looks of it I doubt it.

Attached Files
.txt   log1.txt (Size: 2,95 KB / Downloads: 219)
System Specs:
ATI Radeon HD 5750
W.D. 1TB HDD

PCSX2 Specs:
PCSX2 v1.2.1
GSDX 5875
Lily Pad
SPU-X r5830 2.0
Linux ISO CDDVD
SOLVED!!!!

Thank you to you two for responding to my thread so quickly, but I got really lucky and stumbled upon the solution myself. I set VU & EE to 'Nearest' and it's now able to progress past the 'cure' and blindna' animation smoothly, although I can see the slight slowdown in fps. I have no idea WHY that worked, but it seems to have fixed it since I am three tests in on three different locations in the game (Giza Plains included where there is a significant slowdown) and it shows no signs of freezing. I put my settings back to normal so I can run the game at relatively normal speed at 720x480 (clamp = none (x2)) speedhacks on (with only the top 4 checkboxes checked and 0 on the bars) and it works!!!! Hopefully this will help someone else, since I would have had to go back to my ps2 on my hdtv... which is extremely worse picture than here (even at native resolution). Thanks again!
System Specs:
ATI Radeon HD 5750
W.D. 1TB HDD

PCSX2 Specs:
PCSX2 v1.2.1
GSDX 5875
Lily Pad
SPU-X r5830 2.0
Linux ISO CDDVD