FFXII Inverted Camera Controls
Now it is working fine and the problem is solved?
It was working fine all the time and is not the root of the problem?

Sponsored links

Sorry. I mean what you suggested isn't the problem and the original problem remains.
I still don't get how you make 3 directions work but one not. This really sounds like bad mapping.

can you solve the problem by using keyboard keys?
(07-06-2015, 11:54 PM)willkuer Wrote: I still don't get how you make 3 directions work but one not. This really sounds like bad mapping.

I will give that a try.

I honestly don't know why only one wouldn't work, either. It is most often that up and down will work but left and right won't and vice versa. I have tried clearing all button mappings multiple times and tried deleting just the right stick button mappings and re-entering them. Sometimes when I try it won't work when I change them back to normal so I have to clear all mappings and re-map the entire controller.

I think I am going to try my PS3 controller, too (which may take me a few days to sort out). I had suspected it might be the Xbox One controller and they way it works.
(07-06-2015, 11:54 PM)willkuer Wrote: I still don't get how you make 3 directions work but one not. This really sounds like bad mapping.

OK. I have resolved it.

The problem seems to be that you cannot straight re-map the stick to perform the opposite function. You have to map it the action with the appropriate function (i.e. press left mapped to move left etc...). However, once you have done this there is a drop down menu that becomes available where you can select the inverse function (+ to -).

Thanks for your help, willkuer. Much appreciated Smile.

EDIT: I was able to straight map inverse functions to the keyboard arrow keys, though. Not sure why it would be different.
(07-07-2015, 12:22 AM)Gimbulate Wrote: The problem seems to be that you cannot straight re-map the stick to perform the opposite function. You have to map it the action with the appropriate function (i.e. press left mapped to move left etc...). However, once you have done this there is a drop down menu that becomes available where you can select the inverse function (+ to -).

I am not sure if I followed these exact instructions but here is what I did that worked for me:

First, navigate to the settings dialog. 

Config > Controllers > Plugin Settings > Pad 1 

On this dialog, there is a section at the bottom right for the right analog stick. There are four buttons, each is labeled "Up," "Down," "Left, "Right." 

To invert the stick, click on each button, then move the analog stick in the opposite direction. So, to correct the controls for FF12 so that pressing "up" moves the camera up, you'll click on "up," then move the stick down

Repeat until all four have been assigned. Click Apply, then OK. 

This worked for me, using a USB-connected Xbox 360 controller on a Windows laptop.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go