FFXII Inverted Camera Controls
I'm trying to invert the right analogue stick for the camera controls on FFXII. I figured it would just be a simple case of re-assigning them with opposites, but whenever I do this some combination of the controls becomes non-functional.

For example: I will invert all directions and the left and right will work but not up and down. I will change the up and down and the left and right won't work. The closest I've gotten is having the left, right and up functioning how I want but the down is not functional.

Is there an easier way to do this? Like a tick box I am missing to just invert the whole stick or something? (I tried the 'flip' tick boxes but they don't do anything. I don't know if they should, I just figured I'd try).

I am using v1.2.1 with an Xbox One controller (which works natively with Windows 8.1)

Thank you,
Chris

Sponsored links

The game was made like that, short of there being some hack/cheat patch to fix it for the game, you either deal with it map the right analog stick in reverse which has it on issues it causes

down=up
up=down
right=left
left=right

Rather annoying and one the reasons i hated FFXII was the camera controls and the MMO feel it has
You say mapping the reverse has its own issues; do you know if there is a workaround for those issues?
Isn't there an ingame option in ff12 to inverse axises?

Nevertheless I never saw any problems in just mixing the controls... what is your problem?
(07-06-2015, 04:01 PM)willkuer Wrote: Isn't there an ingame option in ff12 to inverse axises?

Nevertheless I never saw any problems in just mixing the controls... what is your problem?

There is no option in game.

There is no problem actually changing the controls on the mapping menu; it will allow me to map inverted. But when I play the game the controls do not work in various combinations.

I will try inverted right stick controls on Kingdom Hearts shortly to see if it is game specific or an emulator/controller problem.
issues being it reverse controls for all games meaning it has to be reset when play other games with at actual support inverting .
can you please check if your controller is using the full range of all axises? Best would be to use the windows gamepad interface and recalibrate the controller.
(07-06-2015, 06:57 PM)willkuer Wrote: can you please check if your controller is using the full range of all axises? Best would be to use the windows gamepad interface and recalibrate the controller.

I'm afraid I don't know what the "Windows gamepad interface" is. I tried to Google it but wasn't sure what to look for.
Start -> 'joystick' or 'gamepad' or something like that. It is located somewhere in system settings.
Working fine.