FFXII Issues
BSOD,You mean 'blue screen of death'? If yes then i have some solution.sometimes its cause because of making changes in scaling and internal resolution.are you made change in them? If yes then set to default.if not.then i have another solution.but first tell me which gsdx plugin are u using? quickly reply.

Sponsored links

Well that's interesting... tried the newest SVN and got an option to use the GTX 660M or integrated Intel 4000 GFX card. And it gives 30 fps when using the discrete card, whereas the low power integrated Intel card gives better speed (60 fps).. although the menu lag is still persistent. So it seems that the GFX card isn't being utilized properly...

EDIT: Native resolutions everywhere... The GSdx plugin is the 5334 0.1.16 AVX.
(01-16-2013, 03:28 PM)gamerteen_11 Wrote: Well that's interesting... tried the newest SVN and got an option to use the GTX 660M or integrated Intel 4000 GFX card. And it gives 30 fps when using the discrete card, whereas the low power integrated Intel card gives better speed (60 fps).. although the menu lag is still persistent. So it seems that the GFX card isn't being utilized properly...

EDIT: Native resolutions everywhere... The GSdx plugin is the 5334 0.1.16 AVX.

use higher internal resolution, it seems to me the clocks of the videocard are on low perfomance, if you go higher in resolution (3x should be fine too with that card) it should give you the performance you need if you followed my instructions on the previous page

so use that gtx 660 instead of that crappy hd4000 Smile
So you're saying that increasing the internal resolution would give me the performance boost? Well I tried that, along with your settings in the previous page, however, the fps doesn't budge above 30 fps. Is there some setting somewhere limiting the fps output of the GeForce card?

EDIT: Oh my goodness... I made such a newb mistake.. didn't set the laptop to high performance while using the new SVN!! Now it works perfect, no missing textures or frame drops anywhere, even at 2x native resolution! Thanks a lot everyone!

To recap, if anyone else ever has this issue, get the newest SVN (pcsx2 5496), set the GSdx plugin to the discrete GFX card and make sure the laptop is in performance mode.

Aww yeah, now I can FINALLY finish FFXII after years of it being stored away.. Smile thanks to everyone for their help Laugh