FFXII NTSC cheats running on PXSC 1.0 - No cheats found
Are you sure your codes are decrypted as RAW?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Sponsored links

Working on said response. Will reply shortly.
I must thank you all for your assistance here. It seems (as none of us want to resort to) but an uninstall/reinstall was in order.
Specifying the install folder and all of its components to a path without spaces. Perhaps my folder structure was poor prior due to following the defaults upon initial install. It seems this testable circumstance has proven true, and so I can add other hacks from here on out without problems.
Notes regarding steps taken:
-removed all master code entries within .pnach
-renamed pcsx 1.0.0 > pscx
-merged folders from my documenets to root location (G:\)
-renamed pcsx2 folder within my documents to pcsx2 old
-test without success

backup memcard
-add/remove pcsx2 (via appwiz.cpl)
-reinstall
-specify folder without spaces (i.e. pcsx2 not 'pcsx2 1.0.0')
-Overwrite memcard files in my documents (that is where they live regardless of my install specification during the wizard)
-overwrite savestates (also within my documents)
-reconfigured resolution/settings
-recreate cheat file within pcsx2root>cheat (0779FBDB.pnach- full extension)
-Reduce cheats down to one specific testable patch sequence
The idea behind the portable.ini (you did not say you create it) was to have all subfolders directly under root PCSX2 and it would remake the configuration wizard. As reported is not clear if the ini files were redone and so they may be pointing to wrong places still.

You don't need to reinstall (although is not that hard) but you should not reuse the old ini files since is in them the problem, most probably.

Edit: I'm unsure to have understood your last post, from the attached screenshot the cheat file was found and the two cheat codes loaded.

If it's not working may be due to different game region/version.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Or could just grab a svn copy since those are already portable to begin with
hmm, I got a pm thanking for the solution, so I think i misread something and you meant the second procedure (which involved reinstalling) solved the problem, if so that's OK then. Please report back if is not the case.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I too got a PM. I too am curious as to the solution. Regarding SVN's, I too enjoy their portability. All folders including cheats are all in one place, and there are no permission issues to address due to program files directory.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(06-03-2013, 05:17 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: hmm, I got a pm thanking for the solution, so I think i misread something and you meant the second procedure (which involved reinstalling) solved the problem, if so that's OK then. Please report back if is not the case.
That is correct. The uninstall/reinstall procedure corrected the problems I was encountering.