FFXII - Objects visible through walls/ground
Hey there.

I'm pretty new to pcsx2, but i managed to run Final Fantasy XII pretty well with 0.9.5 with decent fps.

I still got a problem i can't find a solution to: Objects, characters etc are visible through walls/ground/textures that should hide them. Is there anything I can do about this?

If there are any threads discussing this problem yet, i am sorry for putting up a new one, but the search feature didnt give any results.

I'm also sorry for my bad language, i try to express myself as well as i can.

Edit: I added a Screenshot of an example. As you can see, i'm using ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.0 graphics plugin.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Try using GSDX, you can find a download thread in the plugins forum.
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
Yes as Veaac already said, try with gsdx rather than zerogs except your grapich card was too old (not support ps.2 or ps.3) or on board (lame Intel, etc)
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Got a 8800 GT, so nothing too old.

Tried GSDX now and its awesome, no more graphic bugs and it overall looks much better than even on my PS2.

Only Problem now is that video sequences are a bit messed up, every 5 seconds the screen goes black for about half a second. Nothing too bad, especially as its only the video sequences, but if anyone has a solution to that, i'd be very happy. Smile

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for the tip with GSDX, it's a way better playing experience now.

Keep the nice support going ;p
(02-19-2009, 01:38 AM)mene Wrote: Only Problem now is that video sequences are a bit messed up, every 5 seconds the screen goes black for about half a second. Nothing too bad, especially as its only the video sequences, but if anyone has a solution to that, i'd be very happy. Smile

thats probably because the sound plugin you're using, try using spu2-x instead, and that problem with the FMVs hanging should be gone

still, gsdx isn't rendering ffxii at 100%, at least not in hardware mode, there are mixing bugs depending on the log-z option, but in software mode it's simply unplayable because even if your rig can run soft-mode at 100% every time you go the menu the game halves the fps to 30 (50%)

unfortunately gsdx doesn't seem to be evolving like pcsx2 is, but oh well...
E8400 @ 3.2GHz - 8800 GT @ stock - 4GB DDR2 800 [actual: 3.5GB with PAE] - WinXP PRO 32bit SP3
[Image: 133779.png]
(02-20-2009, 11:47 PM)kebrus Wrote: ...halves the fps to 30 (50%)

Na, that's just you having VSync enabled. Cool
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
(02-21-2009, 03:02 AM)VeaaC Wrote:
(02-20-2009, 11:47 PM)kebrus Wrote: ...halves the fps to 30 (50%)

Na, that's just you having VSync enabled. Cool

you mean vertical sync in gsdx options? mine is off, and like i said it only happens when go to the in-game menu, and it's not 31 fps or 29 fps, it's fixed at 30fps, its really strange, see for yourself

ps: the screenshot shows 31fps but that only happens if i have the new speedhack enable, and the fps varies between 30.96 and 30.99, and as you can see the gpu is at 99% in menu

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

E8400 @ 3.2GHz - 8800 GT @ stock - 4GB DDR2 800 [actual: 3.5GB with PAE] - WinXP PRO 32bit SP3
[Image: 133779.png]